What’s your specialty??

Everyone that collects or accumulates has to have a specialty or something they look for more. What’s yours??

For me??

Fixed Blades- Anything by David Winston, I only have 4 now, but I plan on buying as many as I can afford.

Folders- Microtech LCCs I received my first one today and decided that I would try to get as many variations as possible.

So what is it that you are constantly seeking for your collection??

Anything that catches my eye. I like "tactical" knives more than traditional knives, but I could just as soon pick up a bowie with antler handle for my next knife. That's the fun of it -- I never know.

I like a few, unusually I collect, not in any paticular order,

Production Miniatures,(like those little bowies you could buy back in the 50's & 60's at any souvenir shop)little key ring foldersand jewelry/necklace knives.

Unusual/specialty folders/folding mechanisms, like my Glazers Knife,(with a glass cutter for a blade), or flip folders.

Old bar Knives, knives with cork screws, and cap lifters.

Advertising knives.

One thing I gotta say about my accumulation(close to 300 knives), even the cheap knives I have, old Colonials and Imperials,(mostly from the 40's to the 50's) all are in excellent to near mint?mint conditions. I rarely pick up knives with broken/worn blades or cracked chipped handles.

90% of my knives are/were carried as EDC's, my criteria is simple it has to appeal to me in one way or another, it has to be good shape, and it has to usable.

Tactical Folders.

If they open fast, have atleast a 3.5" blade, and have an index finger groove I want 'em. But I have a special place in my collection reserved for hawk bills, recurves, flippers, and serrations. Right now I'm developing a new blade design with a lil' something extra that hasn't previously been seen in tactical folders. I think it's gonna be a big success.

I collect older slipjoints with carbon steel blades and preferably natural scale materials.

I also have a few Marbles knives.

I only have one Ruana, but it is a dandy, and I can see me picking up some more.

Basically, I like traditional blades with carbon steel and natural handles, both folders and fixed.

I have a few forged blades, and as finances allow, this is what i am most interested in.

Big "combat" knives that I have no real use for...Bowies, Smatchets, Khukuris, etc. Maybe I've got a screw loose.

I like knives in general, but lately my purchases seem to have narrowed down to Victorinox SAK's and HI khukuris.
--Josh

Love them all, especialy limited ed. benchmades and anything with jig bone handles. Recently though I have developed a fondness for warncliff blades (after buying my bm 921). I also bought my first sabenza. The timonium md. show was a very expensive day for me. :D

I will admit to having a penchant for both Bob Dozier knives and convex ground fixed blades. :)

I'll admit to being fanatical about Bob Dozier knives with convex grinds. :eek:

I've also been known to carry a few Victorinox SAKs. ;)

Mine seems to be ever changing. Started with autos. Added some balisongs. Now I seem to focus on only customs of these so purchases are fewer.
Also now looking at antique autos as I need a little more history in my collection. But then I recently got bit by the gun bug and that is where most of my $ has been going.

Back