What’s Your Most Wanted Out of Production Becker?

The Becker/Esee kitchen knives.
I have a set and use one or more of the knives daily. Wouldn’t mind having a second set on deck.
The price point they sold at were a really good deal all things considered.

I would like a new bk6 that's thinner and more flexible. 3/32" maybe 1/8"

The return of the bk5 would be waste unless they did it like the blackjack version, convexed and equally balanced. I never touch the kabar bk5 but the blackjack is perfection. It's only downfall it's 440C... (and I may have an extra if anyone is looking)

A new Machax like the cincin would be fine but for my terrain I find myself grabbing the lighter kabar version more often.

The return of the bk5 would be waste unless they did it like the blackjack version, convexed and equally balanced. I never touch the kabar bk5 but the blackjack is perfection. It's only downfall it's 440C... (and I may have an extra if anyone is looking)

A new Machax like the cincin would be fine but for my terrain I find myself grabbing the lighter kabar version more often.
Yeah that Florida scrub is a different animal to tame

A new Machax like the cincin would be fine but for my terrain I find myself grabbing the lighter kabar version more often.[/QUOTE

You know I cant say no to a Blackjack Magnum Camp BK5...

IMG_3000-4K.jpg

Dang, Bladite. They're all so dang pretty!

As to the question at hand: Hmmm. That's a toughy.
Without holding or using 'em, hard to say if I'd like the 1 or 6 more. But a Patrol Machete does look like a nice, big, useful piece of steel.

I didn't realize I was buying collector's items on the 24, 15, 4, or (first) 5.
I knew I was on the 20, but still beat on it when needed.
Should probably do the same on the (Ka-Bar version) Machax, just so it doesn't feel left out.
Intentionally passed on the 29. So far, don't feel I'm missing out.
Should probably pick up a 21 before they do anything untoward with that.

i have users :D that's the magazine advert collection - if you were to look at all the old catalogs...

i just noticed "the bay" has an original estaloc handled parkerized (black) machax with the eagle sheath. the price is stunning, but it is what it is (and it's not even "mint") but there you go.

one note about that generation: if you don't like the estaloc - which is like nylon, and "moves" a little over time, the new handles you can replace it with might not be a 100% match; however, that is the model to get if you want to whack something with. the best machax ever. the greatest :D

IMG_2997-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1991-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1995-4-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1995-0-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1995-2-X5.jpg

BK8--X3.jpg

the greatest:

IMG_4050-X5.jpg

i have users :D that's the magazine advert collection - if you were to look at all the old catalogs...

i just noticed "the bay" has an original estaloc handled parkerized (black) machax with the eagle sheath. the price is stunning, but it is what it is (and it's not even "mint") but there you go.

one note about that generation: if you don't like the estaloc - which is like nylon, and "moves" a little over time, the new handles you can replace it with might not be a 100% match; however, that is the model to get if you want to whack something with. the best machax ever. the greatest :D

IMG_2997-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1991-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1995-4-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1995-0-X5.jpg

CS-catalog-1995-2-X5.jpg

BK8--X3.jpg

the greatest:

IMG_4050-X5.jpg
Cool history. Thanks for sharing.

I missed the BK15 before it was discontinued.

It looks like such a sensible camp/hunting/food knife. I REALLY like the 16, so I can imagine how good the 15 must be.

I’ve been buying quite a few knives lately. So for now I’m building up the knife funding account before making many more purchases. I do plan to be ready in the future to maybe snag one on the exchange.

The crazed knife addicted lunatic part of me wants ALL the Becker discontinued models!

I think the discontinuation of the bk 15 and 5 was an absolute tragedy. They were some of the most beautiful knives on the face of this planet.

Only the new Kephart can console me.

Back