What A RipOFF!!!!!!!!!!!

knowing personaly few people in the knife world,they may be a quite a few that do not lke CS and their CEO but all of them did say that lyn is a stand up guy and a man of his word,and he does pay royalties to those who deserve them. i will not be surprised if that is the case with Benchmade.
however i'm quite sure that this is not the case with SOG.
where almost every desighn they made could be tracked backwards to some other desighns..i would'nt mind that much unless they insist to call spencer frazer the most innovative knife desighner in the world
give me a break!!!
scorpio.

The mechanisms on Cold Steel's Ultralock and SOG's Arc-lock operate in similar fashion but are not identical to the Axis-lock. Now I don't know about Benchmade receiving royalties from Cold Steel for the Ultralock, but when you consider that all knives are variations of one design or another, I can't say that Cold Steel or SOG have ripped off Benchmade. The frame lock is a variation of Michael Walker's linerlock. It operates in similar fashion, but it is not identical to the Walker linerlock.

Originally posted by Strider
As far as Kershaw going after anyone for stealing their designs I was always under the impression that Blackie Collins came up with the assisted opener a long time before Kershaw's Onion collaborations. Which gets back to design rip-offs. Which came first the chicken or the egg? When is a clone not a clone? When is something being knocked off and when isn't it?
Bob

Very true Strider. Blackie Collins came out with the Strut n' Cut by Meyerco before Kershaw released the Random Task. Both operate in similar fashion but the mechanisms are different. The same is true with Timberline's Discovery folder.

Michael Walker is not the father of the Liner Lock he only own the name Liner Lock and he make the ball detend on the liner. But he is the guy who make that lock popular. The Arc-Lock is an Axis Lock the only difference is that the bar-lock on the Arc-Lock is connected to an other pin. On the function there is no difference between that 2 locks. To connect the bar-lock to a pin make no difference and don't provide any profit to the user. This is only a trick to go around Benchmade patent.

I didn' mean to imply that Grant stole the idea from gerber, just that people invent the same thing at the same time, without knowing about the other..

Back