What about Knives and Flashlights?

I love my flashlights! Here is my nightly work carry.

8D7CBuk.jpg

What river is that? Kind of a cool wide angle picture with everything in pretty good focus.

The larger one on top was purchased at Lowes a couple years ago and uses two C sized batteries and about 200 Lumens. Love it! Have 4 or 5 of them and use them more than any other at home. Lowes discontinued this model and when I discovered it was discontinued, I searched and bought several there discounted to under $10 each. Believe I still have at least one in the store packaging unopened. The size reduces the chance of misplacing, loosing, or leaving at a job site. It is pretty much my go to flashlight at home and I use flashlights every day at home and on the job.

The small one is new made by Nitecore and is rechargable (920 Lumens). The knife is the LionSteel Best Man (3.75" closed). The "thing" at the bottom was my attempt at scale and has inches to 12 inches. The scaled portion is inches on top and cm on bottom.
IMG_5125ed.jpg
The Lowe's flashlight will shine a good 250-300 feet and is plenty bright for 90% of the things I need a flashlight for. The batteries last and last also.

Last edited:
One duo for the urban life.
One duo for a walk in the forest.
One duo for serious trekking.

icLkd1Z.jpg
I assume the CPK is for serious trekking. I don't routinely carry a flashlight, but I have them available all over the place.... regular life, vehicle, carry bag for woods and day to day stuff. Hardest thing is to keep up with the batteries.

Surefire Aviator for me, everyday for the past 10-15 years (started with the incandescent version). Since I've become accustomed to having that low output red secondary beam it's something can no longer live without in a carry light.

jIoWHys.jpg

Back