What are the positive things you love and why?

I too love that we all exist, and that we can have differences of opinion without animosity, such as my belief that our existence is for the purpose of loving and serving and God above all, and each other for His sake, even though I'm still not very good at it.

I love my little family; my wife and daughter. We were sitting on the floor yesterday, and my little girl just kept running back and forth between us giving us hugs and laughing. It was absolutely adorable and melted this cold heart of mine. There may be a lot of dark in this world, but those two are my shining lights.

I love my little family; my wife and daughter. We were sitting on the floor yesterday, and my little girl just kept running back and forth between us giving us hugs and laughing. It was absolutely adorable and melted this cold heart of mine. There may be a lot of dark in this world, but those two are my shining lights.
It’s pretty darn awesome ain’t it. My son tells us he loves us a million times a day, and it will never get old to me, even if I’ve heard it a million times.

Sitting with hot coffee and just enjoying the sound of a rainstorm. Sometimes switch it up for tea, being able to choose what things to do in a day, no I’m not retired yet, but freedom to live, I guess you call it the pursuit of happiness. And of course knives. My family.

Sitting in my back yard at the end of the day with my mug of fruity water, a bowl of peanuts and a pair of binoculars, watching all of natures little miracles scurrying about, taking care of their daily business.

This little guy we figure is about 16 months old, with his first antlers coming in. We’ve been watching him since he was a spotted fawn. Now he visits with his months-old little brother. Sitting outside while these guys venture into the yard just puts you in another place.

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_2985.jpeg

When my heart wants lifting, I think of pleasant things: eggs and bacon, a good full pipe, my garden at twilight, cakes...

It’s pretty darn awesome ain’t it. My son tells us he loves us a million times a day, and it will never get old to me, even if I’ve heard it a million times.

One of my most emotional moments (if I am thinking about it) is early when we lived at our house..... Across the street, this tiny, little, blonde haired kid barely standing age, is standing in the doorway of their front porch, screaming to his mother as she's going down their driveway on her way to work.

He screams that "I Love You Mommy!!!"
She's driving away......

*both my wife and I witnessed that moment.
Not even Our kid, but we still occasionally talk about how precious that was.
-and sad.

My top three things would be:

1. Home. The wife and the dogs keep me busy and I'm glad to have the job. A happy and safe place.

2. Peace and quiet. I learned a long time ago that the best "boundary" for me was our fence line. When I want to socialize, I go out and about (and I get enough of that with work, for the most part). Nobody ever comes to our home. This was no small feat since all our relatives are local.

3. The one-right "setup" for any hobby. The perfect CCW and reloading gear to suit, the perfect set of EDC folders, the perfect camping rig, the perfect set of lawn tools, etc.. I know it's "the one" in any of these hobbies when I give up that hobby and move on to another. Crazy or not...it gives me immense satisfaction when I finally get the right setup. :)

My wife says I'm a curmudgeon-in-training, but she likes me anyway.

Back