What are you watching & why? (splain)

I like how she defeats the villain by lying on the ground and crying. Or how her friend/rival abruptly appears as a cheetah person. No explanation. Just, Hey bitch I’m a cheetah now, let’s fight. Most offensive to me was how Gail Godoy was flying to the music from this epic Nic Cage performance.

I think as long as it checks all the correct woke checkboxes, it doesn't actually matter if the movie is any good.

I wish they would have done the new Star wars trilogy sequels back in the '90s so they wouldn't have to suck.

^^^^ BOB BETZNER SIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I appreciate the sentiment he was trying to express. His grasp of the metallurgy ruined the metaphor for me.

In order to counter act Arnold's waffling about metallurgy, may I suggest that you don on your Speedos and then strike one of those most-muscular-poses? On second thought, nah! Let's get Mark show that AhNold guy :p

I want that sword SO bad:oops: I should've bought an Albion when they were available :(

Getting back on topic, Your Honor on Showtime starring Bryan Cranston is very promising; but then again I’m a huge Cranston fan and also I happen to like the kinda shyte which typically goes down in NOLA!

I just finished watching Breaking Bad and the follow up movie El camino. I am now a Brian Cranston fan as well! What a great show! I also just finished watching Black Mirror with my wife, we both really enjoyed that. I would highly recommend either show. I would not recommend Guest House, it’s a movie on Netflix that was pretty bad. I generally like that type of dumb comedy but this was one was not great. It did have lots of nudity and Pauly Shore but still awful lol.

Getting back on topic, Your Honor on Showtime starring Bryan Cranston is very promising; but then again I’m a huge Cranston fan and also I happen to like the kinda shyte which typically goes down in NOLA!
I will have to check out this show if Netflix or Hulu get the older seasons.

For those of you who have Netflix, The White Tiger is a must see! This is a 2+ hr Hindi movie but it's not like most of those Bollywood song & dance themed ones, although there are some really good Hindi-American rap songs, if that's your sorta thing.

There are very strong political undercurrents although the movie is not based on politics as its main message but those are familiar with India and that part of the world, already know something about the huge social and societal disparities and the caste systems in those parts.

We watched Wonder Woman 1984. It was bad. And not good bad. Just bad.

Did you know pilots somehow automatically know how to pilot all aircraft? Apparently they can literally go from flying a propeller plane to piloting modern fighter jets. Who knew!

-_______-"

Just curious . . . are you a pilot? From your post, I'm getting a sense that you are. If you are, do you think you would like it more if you weren't?

I think as long as it checks all the correct woke checkboxes, it doesn't actually matter if the movie is any good.

I wish they would have done the new Star wars trilogy sequels back in the '90s so they wouldn't have to suck.

Have you seen "The Mandalorian?" It's everything that the Star Wars trilogy sequels ahould have been. I am not even the world's biggest Star Wars fan, and I loved both seasons. This is The Way.

Like you, I'm a Cranston fan (as an actor, not as a person). Really wanted to like it. Didn't. I found the first couple of episodes too predictable and I bailed. I'm a tough audience - few shows can hold my attention past a couple of episodes. YMMV.

I just finished watching Breaking Bad and the follow up movie El camino. I am now a Brian Cranston fan as well! What a great show! I also just finished watching Black Mirror with my wife, we both really enjoyed that. I would highly recommend either show. I would not recommend Guest House, it’s a movie on Netflix that was pretty bad. I generally like that type of dumb comedy but this was one was not great. It did have lots of nudity and Pauly Shore but still awful lol.

"Breaking Bad" is my second favorite TV show ever, behind "X-Files." I was also very pleasantly surprised by how much I liked "El Camino." If you enjoyed those shows, give "Better Call Saul" a try.

I recently did make it through an entire season/run of the British series "Unforgotten" on Amazon Prime. OK, I realize it's really just a VERY upscale / dressed up verson of the old American show "Cold Case." But it's just a lot better and less schmaltzy than "Cold Case." Or maybe I'm just suckered by all those British accents - those accents always make British folks sound so much smarter - LOL!

Also watched the original "The Transporter" from 19 years ago for the first time. I was very surprised that I liked it - I don't usually go in for those kinds of flicks. But I think there was just enough humor to keep my interest.

QUESTION: Has anyone here seen "Tenet." I love pretty much everything that Christopher Nolan ever produced (especially "Memento"), but I'm on the fence about seeing this one. Worth the time and money?

Like you, I'm a Cranston fan (as an actor, not as a person). Really wanted to like it. Didn't. I found the first couple of episodes too predictable and I bailed. I'm a tough audience - few shows can hold my attention past a couple of episodes. YMMV...

Alas with 7 episodes into it, I will have to agree with you on Your Honor waning on me too. To me, it started out looking quite promising but after like 3 episodes, I could see that Cranston was just playing the want-to-do-good-but-keeps-messing-everything-up which was so typical of his most famous character Walter White in Breaking Bad! There are some other terrific actors such as Michael Stuhlbarg and Hope Davis (apart from Cranston) in Your Honor but the show is not really using them to their potential from what I had seen from those actors in the past. But yup, kinda sadly jumped the shark after a few episodes into the series.

QUESTION: Has anyone here seen "Tenet." I love pretty much everything that Christopher Nolan ever produced (especially "Memento"), but I'm on the fence about seeing this one. Worth the time and money?

I watched Tenet. 2 and a half hours of "what?". There was a lot of lulls for educational moments to explain exactly how things worked, but it didn't help me much. It's the type that needs to be watched a few times to fully "get" it, I think. Or, maybe I'm not smart enough to "get" it the first time haha. Over all, I was a bit disappointed as a Chris Nolan fan.

I'm currently cycling back and forth between Batman: The Animated Series and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated series). Both are fantastic.

Back