What are your favorite knife movies

Rob Roy - Some of the best swordsmanship I've ever seen.

The dueling scenes were choreographed by a man named William Hobbs. He also worked on The Duellists, Cyrano de Bergerac with Gerard Depardieu, Hamlet with Mel Gibson, Dangerous Liasons, The Count of Monte Cristo, Richard Lester's Three Musketeers, and a good many more.

Hobbs is a champion fencer.

tipoc

The Peter Coyote flick is worth viewing. I saw it about a decade ago. Need to look at it again.

tipoc

These have got to be the best by far. Rigid is my hero.

The Hunted
Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick
Gangs of New York

West Side Story

Talk about a tough job! Can you imagine the expression on the face of whoever was in charge of casting being told to round up 30 or 40 'tough-looking dancers'?

Some solid recommendations so far, quick props to some other other knife flavored movies I don't think I've seen yet
The Punisher flick with Tom Jane, where he takes the bali for the neighbor's amped up ex and pops him on the nose with the tang ears of his own bali.

Similar scene in an oldie but goodie, Streets of Fire, punk flashes a bali, our hero strips it, shows him how it's done, and puts it back in the guys hand, telling him to try again. Nice pick ax fight with W. Dafoe at the end too..

Big Trouble in Little China gets a nod for the airport scene, as well as Kurt Russell's funny yet cool use of the Gerber Mark II in a couple of scenes. "It's all in the reflexes."

Planet Terror, the double-bali zombie Cuisinart in the hospital when our hero goes for his girl.

El Mariachi, (remake, not original) - one of the few to pull off a knife thrower that actually looked scary, though it may just be that that Danny Trejo can make most guys wet themselves with a hard look

Just about all of the Lone Wolf and Cub flicks from the sixties and seventies have nice blade work .

I'm blanking now, but I have a feeling I'll wake up at 3am with a bunch of cool knife flicks I'll want to queue up in netflix..

The Patriot (Mel Gibson). I know most people equate the movie with the tomahawk, and I love tomahawks, but Mel usually has a knife in the other hand during a lot of the fight sequences in the movie.

The Iron Mistress.

5270962544_aed961bed1.jpg

The only movies I can recall that the knife was a character in was all 4 Rambos, The Hunted (Jones, Del Toro), and MECHETE. These movies had knife close ups.

I would add a +1 for "The Expendables" and Losers (had the Hibben 3 rambo knife in it). of course all the Rambo movies...

The one that really sticks with me for some reason is the knife that the bad guy had in Cobra. I will never forget that knife - truly a wicked looking thing

Old "skool"...."The Magnificent Seven"

New Age....if memory serves, a blade or two occasionally made an appearance in the Ring Trilogy. ;)

Back