What are your favorite knife movies

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by desertstorm23, Dec 30, 2010.

1. low96hb

low96hb

Dec 16, 2010
    Question.....in the new prediator movie what kind of knife is the main guy carring?

2. tipoc

tipoc

Dec 19, 2009
    The dueling scenes were choreographed by a man named William Hobbs. He also worked on The Duellists, Cyrano de Bergerac with Gerard Depardieu, Hamlet with Mel Gibson, Dangerous Liasons, The Count of Monte Cristo, Richard Lester's Three Musketeers, and a good many more.

Hobbs is a champion fencer.

tipoc

3. Corpus

Corpus Banned BANNED

Aug 18, 2005
    Apparently it was the Tops Eagle 107 (google)

4. Rick

Rick Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 1998
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  5. squishware

squishware Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Machete

6. OQOQOQO

OQOQOQO

Oct 22, 2010
    The outsiders!!!

7. tipoc

tipoc

Dec 19, 2009
    The Peter Coyote flick is worth viewing. I saw it about a decade ago. Need to look at it again.

tipoc

8. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    These have got to be the best by far. Rigid is my hero.

The Hunted
    Pitch Black
    Chronicles of Riddick
    Gangs of New York

9. desertstorm23

desertstorm23

Dec 28, 2010
    didnt expect a big response from this perhaps im not used to people who love knives as i do!

10. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
  11. Yahmanin

Yahmanin

Sep 29, 2003
    Talk about a tough job! Can you imagine the expression on the face of whoever was in charge of casting being told to round up 30 or 40 'tough-looking dancers'?

Some solid recommendations so far, quick props to some other other knife flavored movies I don't think I've seen yet
    The Punisher flick with Tom Jane, where he takes the bali for the neighbor's amped up ex and pops him on the nose with the tang ears of his own bali.

Similar scene in an oldie but goodie, Streets of Fire, punk flashes a bali, our hero strips it, shows him how it's done, and puts it back in the guys hand, telling him to try again. Nice pick ax fight with W. Dafoe at the end too..

Big Trouble in Little China gets a nod for the airport scene, as well as Kurt Russell's funny yet cool use of the Gerber Mark II in a couple of scenes. "It's all in the reflexes."

Planet Terror, the double-bali zombie Cuisinart in the hospital when our hero goes for his girl.

El Mariachi, (remake, not original) - one of the few to pull off a knife thrower that actually looked scary, though it may just be that that Danny Trejo can make most guys wet themselves with a hard look

Just about all of the Lone Wolf and Cub flicks from the sixties and seventies have nice blade work .

I'm blanking now, but I have a feeling I'll wake up at 3am with a bunch of cool knife flicks I'll want to queue up in netflix..

12. Wolf Trait

Wolf Trait

Dec 1, 2010
    The Expendables, The Hunted, and Losers.

13. Prophet118

Prophet118

Dec 26, 2008
    The Patriot (Mel Gibson). I know most people equate the movie with the tomahawk, and I love tomahawks, but Mel usually has a knife in the other hand during a lot of the fight sequences in the movie.

14. J.Mattson

J.Mattson

Sep 10, 2007
    The Wire

15. Boozoo Chavis

Boozoo Chavis

Oct 18, 2003
    The Iron Mistress.

[​IMG]

16. CM_Rick

CM_Rick

Jan 10, 2011
    The only movies I can recall that the knife was a character in was all 4 Rambos, The Hunted (Jones, Del Toro), and MECHETE. These movies had knife close ups.

17. jonj480

jonj480

Jan 5, 2011
    I would add a +1 for "The Expendables" and Losers (had the Hibben 3 rambo knife in it). of course all the Rambo movies...

The one that really sticks with me for some reason is the knife that the bad guy had in Cobra. I will never forget that knife - truly a wicked looking thing

18. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

19. Gramps

Gramps

Nov 17, 2002
    Old "skool"...."The Magnificent Seven"

New Age....if memory serves, a blade or two occasionally made an appearance in the Ring Trilogy. ;)

20. wolfindagger

wolfindagger

Dec 12, 2010
    V for Vendetta

excellent excellent movie!

"No, what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty, I am no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."

here a clip of the climaxial fight scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGGPufySwZ4

enjoy!

Peace Out. :cool: