What Buck are you carrying today?

110 Slim Pro and a vintage 301 today

img_1108-jpg.1011601

I'm liking the 112 Slim Pro a lot, its a very pocket friendly EDC.

9515AE49-2E13-4170-9931-D053A832EAB3.jpeg 5AA48433-F3D8-4390-B0BD-924C42B2BBDF.jpeg DCF4B9DB-EBF8-4325-BE3A-13E4144E287A.jpeg The knife in the picture has been modified with a custom blade and some aftermarket handle inserts. The knife as purchased had Ironwood handle inserts and a 420-HC blade. These were sold at the Buck Collector’s Club 30th Anniversary Reunion in July last summer. They may be sold out. You could check with the Buck factory store or the BCCI website.

I'm going with a 284 today. I think it's the only Buck that I truly overpaid for. I had just bought a like new 2006 Dodge SRT 10 Quad cab and was at the dealership getting it serviced when I seen it in the display case there. It had a pad print Rams head logo and RAM on the blade. Cost was over $30.00 with tax. I showed it to CJ and Chuck at the Blade Show that year and when I told CJ what I paid he looked at his Dad and laughed and said "They got all the money"..

Lil'Jack this week.
Smoke Jumper for a week starting tomorrow.
The 301 is on a two week vacation starting today.
The other knives were getting restless.
They know that when the BF 301 arrives, they'll see even less pocket time.

Waiting on the BF 301 to join the Slim Pro 112 that's in my pocket today.

I have about a half dozen Bucks on my desk I usually pick from..Today I decided on my 2007 BCCI Elk 111. Some days I like a small discreet knife like a 301 or a light weight locking Buck like a 112 Ecolite. But there's something about a full size belt carry 110 or 111 thats comfortably reassuring I have a tool that will work for any task I can expect to need a knife for. I also like the look of a open top shieth especially for fancy handles like Stag. A open top is also more convenient for me verses a pocket clip. When I can find a odd version of one of the new Slims or Buck makes a light weight aluminum frame 112 I'll try that in a open top..

Changing it us a bit, today I'm carrying a nice stag 501 from our of our favorite Buck SFO vendors! Sorry for the fuzzy pic.....
View attachment 1016401
Thanks for posting this picture. It has now made it onto the "need to buy" list.

As for what I'm carrying, today, as it's been since it arrived, is a buck OD 112 slim pro clipped to my pocket with a standard 503 down in the pocket.

John

As usual, my CS 501 Squire with S30V blade and walnut handles.

But I’m super excited that I just snagged an old script 501 Esquire, which I hope to be carrying soon.

I like those old script maroon handled 501's! I'm carrying the 112 Slim Pro again today.

Back