What Buck are you carrying today?

I was going thru the odd ones today to make the trip to Altanta and this orphan caught my eye..It's a old 2 dot that had some 'Custom' finger grooves done that didn't make the trip and I felt sorry for it and slipped it in my pocket...I do provide a good home for oddball Bucks like this that I find on the Bay...20190606_202241.jpg

This old 500 Duke I got when it came out and carried surveying for many years.
Back then I didn't worry about tapping in stake tacks with it!
hRm99Vl.jpg

F4ji8i3.jpg

Gd9I6Nf.jpg

Another 'orphan' that did not make it to Altanta..I bought it really cheap but it looked like a 110 at first glance and on a whim I put in a lowball bid. Its surprisingly sharp and the rounding of the hook and thinning was done well. After seeing in hand I think I might have Leroy do basically the same thing to a better knife with a full drop point blade. It does look like a baby 110 lol!20190607_122123.jpg

Just got my 55 in and will be carrying it for a while.

It wasn't there when I took this picture, but the natural oils in my skin already left part of a fingerprint that doesn't wipe off.
It was bound to happen, hell my 110 still has a thumb print on it that was put there the day I bought it.
I've polished the brass before and it always returns, it wants to be there and I'm not arguing with it :D

You just gotta love brass, it looks like gold when new then just gets better and better with time.

Back