What Clears Your Mind???

Summer in the swamp is hot and humid. Mosquitoes that can carry you away. The smell of peat so heavy it pulls the air right out of your chest. This is where I thrive; among the things of the swamp. The sound of the swamp after the sun goes down is like an orchestra playing the song of mother nature. Red eyes reflecting the moonlight light up the water like some kind of living light show. This is the place I like to go and think. Where do you do your best thinking? Where do you like to go ( even if it’s just in your head) and get the noise out of your mind and find clarity?

Different questions... best place to clear my head is 40 plus feet underwater. I don't start letting go of stuff before that; but beyond 60 I burn through air too fast.
Best thinking place was a place on what used to be family land. I miss going there.

I keep trying...

shutterstock_5885876aa.jpg

Lately my go to for clarity has been exercise. I walk a ton and in my 7th month of resistance training.

Family property is also a huge blessing for relaxation. My Dad has a small place nearby that's like a private club/hang out spot and my Sister and her husband have some wooded acreage where I'm always welcome to hike and camp, and encouraged to bust out my choppers to help with clearing trails, etc...

I like to head out on my bicycle all over town thru trails mostly. It’s great low impact exercise. I’m always in a great mood when I get home from a ride.

Been trying to figure it out. After the pandemic hit my schedule went to crap and I've been looking to form a new pattern. I definitely enjoy reading a ton of useless info. Hoping my gym will re open soon.

Two things used to clear my head. Riding Motorcycles and Kayaking. For both I must focus on some core things physically but Mentally I can relax and enjoy a singular purpose.

Unfortunately, a recent injury has killed that for a little while. Temporarily.

TBH blade Forums is a place I like for some escapism and banter with varied & decent people with a shared interest.

In nature I go to some remnant vegetation on the edges of a large pine plantation that was either missed or overlooked by the pioneers. There are old abandoned mine shafts scattered about so I got to keep my eyes wide open for myself and my dogs.

A ride on the hog, and keep away from "news" and social media. I also just enjoy time with the wife.

best

mqqn

Also spend a lot of time at my cabin. When I can. That’s my favorite place to be.

Back