what cold steel do you carry?

Weekend carry is either an SRK or Trailmaster. During the week it's an SAK and Spyderco Endura. I used to EDC a Gunsite during the week until my son needed a knife for work. Now that Gunsite is his. Gotta love these Cold Steel products. I've had dozens of them over the years. tom.

Bought my sister a San Mai III SRK for her birthday last Feb and she uses all the time! Hikes, fishing, hunting, camping, and just carries it a lot ! She gets quite a few looks from people when they see a larger fixed blade dangling of her hip. Ha :p

Just put a screaming sharp edge back on it. Took a couple of microchips out of the belly edge. Hit it with some fine sand paper as there were some tiny rust spots and gave it soak in Balistol oil. Back in action as it looks almost brand new again! I kind of wish I took some before and after pictures.

Oh well... Just a great tank of a knife. Makes me want a carbon v one.

Tuff-Lite, had it for a week now and it's one of my favorite knives ever. Scored it for $15 on the Bay. Love carrying this thing.

Recon 1 tanto AUS8. I am carrying it again. The most convenient size to me. Plus handle shape, weight and lock strength and as a result the best folder ever. I so love it as I have 2 spare pieces.
The better is only the 2015 model with CTS-XHP. I am already looking forward to buy it.

I had a large voyager clip point but I gave it to my son.(He broke his pocket clip already!) So I pre-ordered a new recon 1 spear point with the XHP steel. Can't wait!

Counterpoint I and/or Tuff Lite.

I bought the CP on a whim, mostly because I like that style but once I started carrying it, I found it to be pretty capable for edc. It looks one-dimensional but it's really not. The TL as a smaller handy do-all is just exceptional.

my code 4 clip point is my daily carry at work, sharpens up razor sharp easily and i almost forget its in my pocket.
i did have to polish out the blade though, i work in a pretty corrosive environment and the blade had some discoloration and staining from use, this knife is by far one of my favorite

SRK as a "field knife", nice and sexy lil´thing. I feel real secure with him attached to my belt when in the outdoors. OSS AUS 8 for zombies, It lies comfortably underneath the seat of my jeep liberty. Urban pal, for everything else, ranging from package opening to thooth picking ;)

Back