what cold steel do you carry?

Hi lynn and crew, welcome to bladeforums! we hope to add many positive and constructive comments andstories to your customer history.
Ive been a cold steel fan since 05 and ive bought most of their product line other than non knife items. currently i have my voyager, xl clip point in vg 1 which was my first quality knife, as well as the med version. i have a spartan, recon one, and counter point one. i have two carbon v srks, carbon v recon scout, r 1 military classic, and a newer recontanto.

I just recently bought a GI tanto and it goes with me everywhere stored in my bag. Can't be beat for the price and even above that. The handle could use some work, bit its a solid piece of steel. I will be buying more from cold steel.

I regularly carry the TiLite as a back up for SD, I'm also fond of the large Twistmaster in Carbon V, it's a mini pocket machete.

IMG_20130508_113333_603_zpsa872ab65.jpg

Thanks!
I'm excited to be here

Right now I'm carrying an old school Vaquero Grande.
I usually carry that or a new Voyager Vaquero but I'll switch it up every now and then with other knives

My most recent purchase is the Mini Tuff Lite. Awesome little knife that has a permanent place in my coin pocket. Just a killer little blade!

Some time ago A buddy gave me an old school Vaquero Grande. Really like the design and how well it carries for such a large knife. I recently got the new Tri-Ad version Vaquero XL and love it!

It's amazing how well it carry's for it's size.

I may have any number of knives on me on my right side from day to day. Usually I determine that by what I'll be making in the shop that morning but not always. Sometimes I just find one I want to carry again and start doing so. Then there is my left side carry which is always that little Mini AK47 that I have modified the thumb plate on just a mite. I also made some other tweaks to personalize that one and I'd have to say its my most beat up user. Its the loaner. You know the one you give someone that asked if he can borrow your knife. Its easy for me to carry this and the fact that I do surprised even me but the thing is see I don't give a crap about it and I know it can take anything done to it. If I loaned my wife my Para 2 off my right side or heck even some of my other frequent users for my right side and she proceeded to clean out the dirt around home plate to better seat the thing for softballers we'd be having that talk you don't want to have when we get home you see? But seein' as it was the Mini AK Triad and not my precious pocket jewelry well I was like oh great, I'll have to resharpen that one when I get home. Its seen worse involving clay pots so I figured a little dirt wouldn't do it much harm. As it turns out it did not like all the other times and it zipped right back to a biting edge with a couple swipes on a diamond hone. It has a couple nicks you know, a bit like a saw now in places but hey its a user and the fact you could nearly stand on the thing and the lock would hold up just adds something for me personally. I love the lock. I guess in afterthought I have to say I like the way the tip third of the blade is done also because quite frankly my wife has broken off more tips on more knives I've given her than any ten people you could name! This one laughs at her. I keep waiting to get it back one day broke but it doesn't and the thing is no matter how many I give that gal she sets them down in places and forgets them. I ran over her PT the other day with the mower. It banged that thing out of the shoot and threw it about forty feet. Put a nick in the back side but not enough to keep it from working so its not the only tough guy on the block around here but I like it. I've thanked Andy for making it about three hundred times I think and I like to think I sold some for him too! :)

I carry my Mini Tuff Lite at my evening job -
6315243277_7903fff6e5.jpg

It regularly gets called on for opening boxes and bags (restaraunt) and always gets a "whoa" response when someone sees it zip through thick bags that others saw through with serrated kitchen knives provided by the employer. This little guy is the perfect tool for the job. I look forward to unzipping some game animals with it this fall.

I carry my Mini Tuff Lite at my evening job -
6315243277_7903fff6e5.jpg

It regularly gets called on for opening boxes and bags (restaraunt) and always gets a "whoa" response when someone sees it zip through thick bags that others saw through with serrated kitchen knives provided by the employer. This little guy is the perfect tool for the job. I look forward to unzipping some game animals with it this fall.

i enjoyed using my own knives for food prep. any knives being used regularly by multiple people are not knives after a while, they just turn into stainless clubs with damaged handles...

I EDC a spartan, its a bit big but you get used to it, thinking about getting a ti lite 4 or something around that size.

American Lawman most of the time. Sometimes I carry my Recon 1 clip point.

My rotation changes, one day I may have a Kershaw, the next a Spyderco, the next a Cold Steel. To date I've carried all 3 XL Voyagers, a large serrated Vaquero, the Spartan, and the 4'' Ti-Lite. I would carry the Rajah 2, but it's over the legal limit in Texas. As I get more CS folders, I will carry them as well if they are legal for me(unfortunately, a lot of the ones I want like the Ti-lite 6'', Espada XL, and Hold Out 1 are not). I'm looking forward to the XL Talwar, and I intend on picking up a serrated Rajah 3 within the next couple of months as well, those will be carried.

I've also carried(and used) the Jungle Machete for some work in the yard.

Right now, I am carrying the HOLD OUT 6" version as primary, swapped out my Espada XL! Love it! Also have a GI TANTO with me at all time in the bag for anything that need a bigger blade, or just for the fun of carrying it, LOL!

Back