what cold steel do you carry?

Usually don't carry it because I could get in trouble but my knife of choice when I do carry cold steel is a kobun, easy to conceal, comfortable to wear.

EDC is a Voyager with 5 inch blade for more than 10 years, now I'm waiting for the counter point 3, but it hasn't reach the German market till now. The pocket bushman has it's place in the car and I'm thinking about buying the trailmaster for wood land activities.

the original Recon 1 tanto point before they changed the handle design, if that's not on me i carry a kershaw blackout just because it's smaller and less visible. If i'm wearing a sheath knife it's usually a skinner for hunting or a Ka-Bar style by ontario.

It would be easier to ask me which Cold Steels I don`t carry.

I EDC two CS fixed blades, the Super Edge and the Survival Edge (the latter stays in my backpack unless I need it, as a "just in case SHTF" knife).

Folders, let's see, in my rotation I've got two Voyagers (Vaquero and tanto, both Large), a medium Espada, Black Rock Hunter, an AK-47 (I've got another on the way), a P/S Recon 1 tanto, a Mackinac Hunter, a Spartan, a Pocket Bushman, a Kudu that stays in my bag for backup (and a spare that I just use around the house), and a spear point Code 4.

I love every single one of the above knives.

Just got my bushman folder , so far all I've done is cut packing tape with it. It's gonna be my EDC folder from now and I'll probly it through some Storeman duties ( mostly cutting boxes and tape )

Well...If its outdoor EDC, a Voyager XL clip, an SRK, and a CS Gurka Kukuri. and/or the CS Trailmaster.

Ive often said that if you're caught outdoors, and you can't manage to SURVIVE, w/ those 3 or 4 excellent knives, not camp...you need to strap the tools back on your hip, and head for hot water, electricity and the comforts of home, because if not...youre going to DIE. That combo has fit the bill and performed flawlessly w/o exception, HIGHLY recomended.

EDC/SD is different...CS XL Voyager Tanto, maybe the Taipan, or Urban Dart (steel version) for SD, (God forbid, Sweet Jesus!!?) I would NEVER want to be stabbed by that knife.
In short, you can hand me ANY CS Voyager w/ that "Merry Christmas smile" on your face, and I am overjoyed, NQA!!

I'm interested in building a CS "mini Dai-sho" complete w/ stand and the works, I just need the Magnum Tanto 9 or 12 to complete it!

Old school US made Master Hunter in Carbon V. My current go-to hunting knife.

AMEN Brother, Ive got a Carbon V MH that needs a professional resharpening, Those knives were and are hard as all hell to beat.

Youd have to baby it like an infant in an incubator, but I wonder if an 01 MH is comin' up??

I'm currently carrying the Recon 1 tanto but have 4" Talwar on the way to maybe replace it. I'm saying maybe because for some reason no matter what folder I buy, that R1 keeps finding it's way into my pocket.

Recon 1 Spear Point & Holdout II all serrated edge. I've been carrying both everyday for the past month. Both great knives especially the recon. The hold out's front pin rattles some I've noticed. Nothing that will effect performance but just bugs me like a gun magazine that rattles. Plus I wish the blade was thicker and not so razor blade-ish.

Impressed the shit out of a fellow co worker today , demonstrating how my cold steel bush,an folder can slice paper with the factory edge

I carry an XL Voyager clip blade when I'm outdoors. I also carry it "downtown" on occasion. I can't get over how good it feels in my pocket despite its size.

IMG_20130508_113333_603_zpsa872ab65.jpg

:thumbup:

A revision. I also carry the large Tanto almost as often. Very light, and they basically go unnoticed during carry.

Last edited:
I have a Safe maker I on the way can't wait to have it on my belt also I can wait for the 2014 line up wish we could get a sneak peek!

The only CS knife that gets any pocket time these days is the old school Recon 1 with the ultra lock. Great handle, love the lock. It would be the perfect knife if it had an S30v blade.

just got my safe maker I in love everything about it thanks for the awesome push dagger CS! its at home right next to my leathermen on my belt.

Decided to carry the big dude all day today. Easy carry, weight isn't an issue. It does print but no one's going to really notice. Just gotta leave it in the pocket around the co-workers. :D

Back