Photos What custom is in your pocket today?

Dick Darough

CoWmXzC.jpg

QWqhW6R.jpg

CXzOk1d.jpg

_ Stuart

A Michael Manrow (Toledo, OH) folder. Since the name is hand engraved, it it likely from his early days in the mid-1970's.

T19BEjM.jpg

oM1GGgv.jpg

vZnj2xa.jpg

xdazRVj.jpg

AZPnSwr.jpg

yaa1aVE.jpg

(Apologies for the non-custom fixed blade Larry Fischer-designed CRKT Hunt 'N Fisch; it's the only overhead shot of the Manrow open that I had.)
- Stuart

Last edited:
In my pocket today: a Dean Roath saddlehorn lockback in Macassar ebony and brass. Dean Roath, of Baton Rouge, LA, was a veteran of 20 years in the U. S. Coast Guard, a retired employee of the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality, and a member of the Knife Makers Guild. He died May 26, 2005 at age 62.

9vSeEX8.jpg

iK06CIc.jpg

fRW8J7q.jpg

gP9U2Uk.jpg

ch2hr71.jpg

- Stuart

A Bill Cheatham folding hunter. Well knoiwn for his flinted or knapped steel fixed blades, I haven't seen many folders by him. Note the neat placement of the nail nick on the gutting hook tip.

NodXyRN.jpg

GF0HlJd.jpg

GsJFL1F.jpg

gvWq4i8.jpg

ONXdKSW.jpg

epnPjd7.jpg

WFZruvk.jpg

- Stuart

D Duckdog

Stuart, I wouldn’t want to have to clean that one after running it through a field dressing or two, just too many crevices for blood and fatty tissue to collect in! :D

Jsega51 Jsega51 That's true, Jake, but a garden hose, compressed air can and some Tuf-Glide will put things right. I do generally use a fixed blade for that reason, but have used a Buck 110 in a pinch.
- Stuart

Back