What did you do with your CRK today?

I think restaurants have bad knifes to prevent people from hurting themselves. At least, that's the only good reason I can come up with for why I have never been to a place that had sharp knives...

Just curious, how do you clean your Sebenza after that meal?

While not speaking of restaurant knives specifically, I have cut myself far more often with dull knives than sharp ones. If I can slice through meat in quickly planned minimal movements, I don't get frustrated and start sawing with hopeless abandonment resulting in danger for all around.

Just curious, how do you clean your Sebenza after that meal?[/QUOTE]

In the restaurant with his napkin and then clean at home.

Regards.

I think it's a theft issue. If they used decent knives, some of their patrons would swipe them.

I think restaurants have bad knifes to prevent people from hurting themselves. At least, that's the only good reason I can come up with for why I have never been to a place that had sharp knives...

Just curious, how do you clean your Sebenza after that meal?

I think it's a theft issue. If they used decent knives, some of their patrons would swipe them.

I think it is a cheapness issue at most restaurants, such as Applebees, Olive Garden, etc. Most decent steak joints (high-end chains like Del Friscos, Del Monicos, non-chains, etc) spring for good, sharp knives because they get less complaints about tough meat if the knife glides through it like its warm butter.

man last time I pulled out my zaan in a restaurant to cut my steak, every one looked at me weird like I just pulled out a gun or something. Good ol California lol

Forgot my baby at home today.
So tonight she got a little love. Got a little motivates while watching TV and feathered some chopsticks from leftovers.
Chopsticks make excellent starter wood.

I let this little pretty out of it's shipping box prison. :D (not my pic, but I'll get plenty soon ;) )

6D56731F-AFCD-4AFC-B8CD-1B0EC763A3EC_zpsuoebpzjt.jpg

You can clean the knife after using it. It's not against the rules.

Actually, just wiped off the blade with a napkin after the meal. I did wipe it with oil later on in the night though. No rust at all. The s35vn seems just great for any rust or patina that anyone is worried about. But, as others mentioned, using the knife on the porcelain did dull it a bit, enough to notice anyway. Worked great cutting that meat though!

dave

Back