What did you rehang today?

I have a cultivator like that. They are just wicked looking. If you have clay soil those are great for breaking up the surface between rows to aerate and let the water soak in better.

Hoe handle from House will likely fit it.

Has a Freddy Krueger look about it

It does need a stronger handle than what I used...I cut down to 48" an older landscape rake handle I have been using for years to hold open the garage door.

Hung this pike on a longer pole, 16' maple sapling that's been drying in the garage for a couple years. I'm dropping a small tree on Saturday and it needs just a little push to fall where I want it. It's warped but it will push hard enough. 1-1/4" diameter at the business end.

Pike%20pole.jpg

Pike%20pole 2.jpg

Hung this pike on a longer pole, 16' maple sapling that's been drying in the garage for a couple years. I'm dropping a small tree on Saturday and it needs just a little push to fall where I want it. It's warped but it will push hard enough. 1-1/4" diameter at the business end.

Pike%20pole.jpg

Pike%20pole 2.jpg

That is a lot of reach right there! :thumbsup:

Pike%20pole.jpg

Pike%20pole 2.jpg
Thats cool. I would warm that handle over a fire and lay that handle more or less straight.

PicsArt_09-21-10-313590.JPG

My guess is "Red-Ridge Eye" TT. I'm a fan of those. Yours looks long and full from heel to toe. Are there two ridges spaced closer together on the side facing away in this picture?

The handle is great. Slips right in under the eye at the shoulder, those two defined ridges in the exposed tongue show patience in shaping, pretty smooth transition from the belly into the throat, full-looking swell.

That's a right Skookum axe :thumbsup:

My first attempt at a rehang. Found this old boy in the woods while on a camping trip. Knocked the rust off, rehung it and put a serviceable edge on it.

I have always used large knife choppers to process wood, but this guy may change my mind! It's an absolute beast of an axe!

tl3aWc1.jpg

JHnJxjX.jpg

QZdsmgo.jpg

That hatchet is just plain awesome, with hatchets like this in existence why would anyone ever buy a GB ?

I don't own nor have i even held a GB for comparison but I do feel this Collins sets the bar high.
I don't see myself purchasing a GB unless it's a score at a garage or estate sale etc...
I love this Collins and love I was able to rehang it on the handle I found it with.

oKEFwcT.jpg

Two finish nails in the single wood wedge

From your 'not all that long ago' admissions of being a clutz there's nothing awkward or amateurish about this hang. That piece of wood is beautiful, the grain looks to be perfect and the butt swell (and whatever else you did for sculpting) did not come from the factory. You did a lovely job on this and you have my compliments.

well, i dont know what i'd do with myself if i found a charleston kelly perfect in the woods

the bit doesnt look used at all either

That's what I was thinking! Very old, and mighty fine axe to just happen across. Someone was either really mad about misplacing it, or else just didn't know what they had.

Back