1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What did you rehang today?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Irongun324, May 1, 2013.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Got these in just before work yesterday afternoon and did this late last night when I got home.

The top obviously is the stock Vaughan super sportsman
    And the bottom is the one I reshaped and rehung , it just needs some BLO.
    [​IMG]

2. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
  3. Miller '72

Miller '72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Empire - 3¾lb head

N. Grippo...a person serious about keeping their tools their own :) (I can appreciate that having been a tradesman with a tool bucket).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

31"
    4¾lbs.
    Connecticut Pattern
    Empire - Welland Vale
    Tuf Boy Haft
    N. GRIPPO
    I have yet to discover B.H.U. I feel it must be a hardware store.

:thumbsup::)

4. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    Thats friggin awesome Miller.Just mean looking are you sure its not a yankee or dayton of some sorts pole looks pretty square,think thats my newest favourite .

5. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Thank you its a mean one at that :cool::thumbsup:
    It feels great and its got weight.
    I will look deeper into the patterns. The pole is squared, also misshapen from heavy persuasion :rolleyes:
    Probably used for splitting previously.
    Thanks again :thumbsup:

garry3, Fmont, Yankee Josh and 3 others like this.
  6. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

@Miller '72, Not sure what the pattern is but that is a mean looking axe! Great work on that one!

7. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Thanks @Agent_H
    I am still looking for a welland vale example of axe patterns made, hoping to figure that out along with B.H.U.

I agree with @junkenstien...this and the 3lb plumb national are my newest favs :D:thumbsup:

8. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    What i did find and like, and feel it may resemble closely is the Walters Black Diamond regular pattern.

Shown here and thank you @SteveTall

I am still open to it being a connie :D;):rolleyes:

9. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I'm gonna say it. Delaware.

10. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I removed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1950-1955
    Plumb Scout Hatchet

[​IMG]

Thank you Ryan.

11. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Those little cross wedges can be hard to get out! Did that one give you a hard time?
    I've recently acquired two boy scout hatches. One older one with a small logo and clipped fawns foot and a slightly newer one with the rounded swell and the large fleur de lis. I was going to try to hang the older one today so I find it coincidental that you posted yours!
    Great looking hatchet and hang!

12. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    That little step wedge did fight hut not as hard as the nail lol! I have fought some nail infested, screw flattened tongues for days, so this one was ok as they go :D

Josh, i dont know about you but when i started and was bit by the axe bug...i was going to collect Collins Legitimus;):rolleyes::eek:

Here in the last month or so i have been lucky to find these 2 plumb scouts to add to my Legitimus ++ collection now lol!:D

[​IMG]

Added to this pallet wall anyway of some goodies

[​IMG]

Hatchet to the left
    [​IMG]
    And todays

[​IMG]

Again, thank you Ryan Landin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth

Jan 29, 2014
    Man you guys are doing some good stuff!

14. npace

npace

Oct 24, 2019
    Hung this yesterday but couldn’t get pics to upload. 5 lb atha sledge on a 21” handle. I made the wedge out of red oak split from a piece of firewood using my hewing hatchet draw knife and wood chisels.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/1w7gdu1gg/

Square_peg, Meek1, Fmont and 3 others like this.
  15. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    Very nice! And a double stamp as well. I don't recall seeing a double stamped Atha before. What are you gonna hit with it? Whatever image hosting site you were trying to use would be a great place to start!

Meek1, Fmont and Hairy Clipper like this.
  16. npace

npace

Oct 24, 2019
    Haha it will probably just be a general all around user I like the handle that length to choke up for one hand or have room for 2 hands. May use it for pounding some steel wedges for firewood as well. I also have an 8 pound atha waiting to be hung. I need to get some axes hung but for some reason I’ve been obsessed with hammers lately.

17. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Looks great! I love the wedge.

Hairy Clipper and Fmont like this.
  18. npace

npace

Oct 24, 2019
    Thank you!

Hairy Clipper and Fmont like this.
  19. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    20" of Oak
    Collins Hudson Bay
    Total weight 2½lbs

This handle, well i just love it. It came to me loosely hung and i rehung it then. Now I have rehung again for this Collins. The kerf & shoulder have seen better days.
    That said, i love this axe. The hang, the dirty and cavernous looking gaps at the tongue and kerf - wedge. Just makes it look mean and not give a care...just here to chop some wood he says.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    That's a great looking Hudson Bay pattern!
    Is that a forge welded bit or oodles of temper seen there?
    And he strikes again with another beautiful dark oak haft! Red or white oak?
    And is that resin I see? To help fill in the missing wood!
    I've used a two part epoxy resin a couple times. It works really well for filling in broken pieces of tongue. I haven't had to take any of those apart yet and I'm not really looking forward to it. NOT gonna be easy to get apart...