What did you use your multi-tool for today?

I used my Vic Cadet to stab my finger. (The knife slipped trying to cut the plastic seal off a bottle of eyedrops.)

I used the can opener on my Super Tinker to open a can of black beans for a taco salad. I had to get the hang of it at first, but after that it was a breeze. :thumbup:

I used the sheepfoot blade on my Electrician to open a can of fruit salad. I just wanted to try and see if it worked, I used a technique described by the folks over at the traditional forum: cutting an "X" on the lid. The edge got a bit dull, but there was no damage.

I used the serrated blade on my ST300 to cut up my 2 year old's chicken nuggets and trim the straw down on her milk so it was easier for her to drink out of.
I also used the ST300 wire cutters to snip off the price tag on a stuffed animal we bought her. I have to say, it was really surprised that those fine cutters clipped that soft thin plastic so easily:thumbup:

I opened a can with my Vic Hiker. I used my ST300's pliers to help me pull a harness needle through some thick cordura (one of my rucksacks needed repairing) and the knife blade to trim the waxed saddler's thread I used.

Used an old Wenger SI to replace a toilet seat. The screw driver fit the long screws perfectly.

Used my leatherman mut to swap stocks on a friends sks, then used it top pound in a couple nails on my outside door frame

I used the phillips driver on my Micra to fix the vacuum cleaner. Too lazy to go get my tools from the workshop to unclog it.

There were papers that were being blown off my desk. I took out my Leatherman Blast and used its paperweight feature.

Used my Wingman (with Sidekick's plain blade) to change the spark plug in the lawn mower. Then it tightened the wheels. I needed the Core to work on the car.

I used my Leatherman Sidekick to take a pretty picture for the interweb in hopes of soliciting comments by total strangers. Honestly, thats about the most usage it ever gets. But that doesn't stop me from carrying it. Who knows, the day may come when I'm trapped in an elevator with the U.S. Olympic women's water polo team, and they ask me to disable the emergency button. Better to be prepared than not, I say.

20120806_112448-1.jpg

I used my leatherman wingman to help a guy fill up his brake fluid and clutch fluid on his bike as we left work, I was the only one that had a Phillips driver or tool of any kind.

Used PE, SE and saw blades on my Rebar for yard waste cleanup, pliers to pull a nail out of one of my good tires :mad: and combo tool to decapitate a beer bottle :) . Then I did it again :) .

At my work the secretary received a new pc monitor. I saw her jamming the VGA end to a pc without luck. Then she asked me to help I saw that the pin in the connector was bend. Unfortunately it was the type of monitors with the fixed cable. So the trustee Skeletool CX to the rescue.It would be easier if it had a needle nose pliers instead of kinda round nose but I managed to straightened the pin with the flat screwdriver bit and from that the job was easy peasy. Also yoused the scissors and the nail file on my VIC MiniChamp to fix my nails. And the toothpick after lunch. And used the orange Peeler to Peel an orange for a friend who was kinda impressed. All that in one day so I guess it was a good day for my Multi Tools.

I sharpened a pencil with my lovely yellow Wenger, opened a can and cut up some bottles to fit in the rubbish bin with my Vic OHT and used the scissors on my LM Squirt to cut some string.

Grabbed my SwissTool RS because it was handy, and used the phillips screwdriver to tighten a retaining clip on a sliding door.

Back