What did you use your multi-tool for today?

Rather mundane, but used the phillips screwdriver of my Vicotrinox SwissTool RS to remove the old license plate and install the new one on the vehicle we just got from my father-in-law. Also used it to fix a loose mud flap and a portion of the front wheel well liner on my son's friend's car.

Yesterday, I used the pliers of my SOG Powertool to make a new hook for one of our rattan sunscreens.

Today, my wife used the pliers of my Supertool 300 to dig the paper pieces out of a jammed shredder and get it working again.

~Chris

Used my Super Tool 300 to install a window air conditioner. Normally, I prefer dedicated tools for most home projects, but because of circumstances too complicated to go into here, it was the only tool available to me at the time. However, it worked so well with the awl sticking out one end and ph screwdriver from the other, it might have been a good first choice for the job.

I broke into a hotel with my Leatherman Charge. I pick up the garbage there, new security guards are bad for not leaving the back door unlocked for me. There is a 3/4" gap below the door with soft weather stripping, grab the sliding bolt that locks into the floor, quarter turn and lift, im in.

I broke into a hotel with my Leatherman Charge. I pick up the garbage there, new security guards are bad for not leaving the back door unlocked for me. There is a 3/4" gap below the door with soft weather stripping, grab the sliding bolt that locks into the floor, quarter turn and lift, im in.

That's a new one one for me loo

This one is a little odd but it saved the day. The zipper slider on my slacks somehow popped off on one side and wouldn't get back on track so using the corkscrew on my SAK Huntsman Plus, I was able to pop off the little stop clamp at the top of the zipper teeth and then using the can opener/large screwdriver, I was able to pry open the slider just enough to slide back onto the fabric and teeth. Zipper fixed!

zipper_v1_m56577569830550228.gif

I just came back from a weekend on the road with my wrestling team, my multitools get used a lot on these trips.

-I used the scissors on my Style CS to cut some tape and bandages (one of my guys was injured)

-We were given some great food by our hosts, but the plastic cutlery they supplied sucked. So I used my Victorinox Farmer and gloated over my team mates' strugle to cut their steaks.

-Some sort of hose-thingy needed replacement on our minibus, the driver borrowed my Super Tool 300.

-Cut some zip ties and opened some packages.

Not me, but I sent my SwissTool RS with my son as he left yesterday for a holiday beach camping trip with several friends.

I'm sure it will be put to a variety of uses from setting up camp, to opening some cold drinks, and many other tasks.

I used my Leatherman Squirt to file off a piece of the coating on my BUCK Paklite 143 for fire steel use.

I used the corkscrew on my Vic Picknicker (or is it Nomad?) to open a bottle of wine. It works better than my dedicated corkscrew.

I used the sideclips pliers to help pull the cord through the little hole to make a new lanyard for my sebenza, and I used my wingman scissors to help in cutting paracord ends.

Used the screwdriver on my LM Sidekick to tighten some screws on the grab rail in the back of the ambulance. Then I used my original LM Tool to pull apart a wedding ring on a guys finger who blew his hand apart with a quarter stick of dynamite.

:(
Used my Super Tool 300 to install a window air conditioner. Normally, I prefer dedicated tools for most home projects, but because of circumstances too complicated to go into here, it was the only tool available to me at the time.

Oh, too funny! That air conditioner I mentioned was our first ever. My wife was concerned over weather forecasts of extreme heat this summer, so we finally sprung for one which I installed in the bedroom. It was up and running for only a few hours when a violent storm with winds gusting up to 80 mph :eek: hit central Ohio, doing a lot of damage and knocking out electric power for more than a million customers, us included.

Fallen trees and branches took out transmission lines and junction boxes (one of our neighbors watched one explode), shutting down the power grid just in time for a 100ºF + (39ºC) weekend :( . Couldn't even use our fans :grumpy: . Electricity was restored to our neighborhood 3 1/2 days later, but it took a week before cable was restored and I was able to get back on line (miss me? :D ).

We were among the lucky. Our across the street neighbors and those in many blocks beyond had to endure several days more before their's were fixed. Some outlying communities are still down. According to newspaper accounts, we have the honor :rolleyes: of hosting the least reliable power company in our state (third major outage in the last 9 years :mad: ).

During the worst heat I didn't do much (wanted to, wife opposed, she was right :eek: ), but when the weather broke a bit, I went out to clean up debris in our yard, a real mess. It was littered mostly with tree branches, some big ones blown in from a yard 3 houses away. We also lost a major tree, but fortunately, it landed on a garden patch and did no harm to structures.

ON TOPIC: Today, like yesterday, I used a pruning saw on larger branches and a Vic OH Trekker, my favorite multi-tool for yard work, to break down the smaller stuff. I'll need tree professionals for our stricken hackberry, when they can get to it, as all such services around here are swamped. Also, using the Super Tool 300 again, I installed another AC, this one in our living room. I must admit, air conditioning in this heat is really a treat, provided that the electricity cooperates :p .

I'm from WV and I know the storm, heat, and out electric you speak over. We had the same thing here but my mom lost awnings, buildings, and parts of her roof. :eek: A multi saw is a nice thing to use on those smaller branches though.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

My wife and I were dropping my son off at church to go on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic. As one of his friends was grabbing a bag, the snap hook holding on the carrying strap broke. I took apart the paracord lanyard on my SAK and used it to reattach the broken handle.

The funny thing is that I had been carrying my knife without a lanyard for awhile, but put one on about two days ago.

I'm from WV and I know the storm, heat, and out electric you speak over. We had the same thing here but my mom lost awnings, buildings, and parts of her roof. :eek: A multi saw is a nice thing to use on those smaller branches though.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

My deepest sympathies and best wishes to your mother in this time of trial, which I hope soon enough will be only a memory.

Really, those Leathermen have been fairly helpful to me lately both indoors and out, but I must admit that the yard work was mostly small stuff cleanup. Most of the heavy duty was done with a chain saw. Compared to the Super Tool 300 saw, it was a big time saver :D .

Used the knife on my Leatherman Rebar alot.
Cut tape holding a box closed, and cut down saplings growing where they weren't wanted.
That was it

I used the pliers on my LM Skeletool CX to help me pull a sawing needle through some thick canvas. I used the file on my LM Super Tool 300 to adjust some new parts that came in for a broken machine at the gym, and also used a couple of screwdrivers to help put it together.

Back