What did you use your multi-tool for today?

today? no

Yesterday?

oh yes,

We had The Big Event here at Virginia Tech yesterday (big community service event, some 6500 people signed up and more showed up, we were then sent out to different jobs).

I used my Leatherman PST a bit while we were doing yard work. my ZT0350 as well as my BK 14 got a lot of use too. Then I did a tune up on my bike using the PST and a set fo allen wrenches. no more squeaking, yay!

I hung a radio on the wall today with my Leatherman Squirt Es4.

Sharpening the pencil was to mark where the screws for the brackets would go.

24b325f7.jpg

f1feb28c.jpg

Removing the shelf stand:
244e3703.jpg

Putting the brackets up:
ea00ae5b.jpg

Attaching the safety bracket to the radio:
4271e71a.jpg

Hung the radio:
7e3a0a03.jpg

Attaching more safety brackets, which latch the radio onto the top brackets:
a80557da.jpg

By the way, if anyone is looking for a great-sounding, wall-mountable radio, these Panasonic units are fantastic.

used my charge tti diamond-coated file to remove the head of 2 stripped screw on my benchmade 710 belt clip, took a few minutes and they were gone.

the file is not even damaged but the heads are gone, clip too :)

Openede a case of beer (Zywiec, Polish) and a sleeve of diapers.

e919aa6f.jpg

437386bb.jpg

It's not always tough-guy stuff. :)

Last edited:
Used the SD tip on my keyring classic to loosen the screws holding the bathroom door knob assembly so I could squat some spray lube into the mechanism. The door knob was getting squeaky. Tightened up knob assembly with same SD tip. Another home fix on the list of what I've fixed with a Vic classic.
Carl.

While I was pumping gas last night at the local Sam's Club, the lady on the other side of the pump called for the attendant. Seems she had gotten her bank card stuck in the reader on the pump and couldn't get it out. The attendant came over and didn't have anything to pull it out with, so I stepped over and used the pliers on my Vic Mechanic to dislodge it. Apparently the card was well used and had frayed edges, which jammed it in the reader.

Love my Vic!

Used my alox cadet to cut and trim some drop ceiling tiles for replacement, also use it to assist in replacing a basketball net.

Used my wave today, like everyday. Mainly the plain edge blade to cut open boxes, cut some 4 mil poly off of the roll, trim a booger off of a ripped piece of Douglas Fir, and to tighten a screw on another tool.
I also used my VIC Farmer to open a beer bottle or 2 tonight...I have tomorrow off while the plasterers catch up, so maybe it will be getting a work out tonight??

Openede a case of beer (Zywiec, Polish) and a sleeve of diapers.

e919aa6f.jpg

437386bb.jpg

It's not always tough-guy stuff. :)

Brother..drinking that Polish beer is "tough guy" business for sure! :) AND tell me that changing diapers aint tough work..! Wheew!

Removed and replaced the thumb studs on one of my knives today so that I could sharpen it with greater ease.

Victorinox CyberTool 34:

• Disassembled a ventilation fan of an industrial air compressor to allow access to glue a thermocouple to the windings. Used the medium Torx bit and the pliers.
  • Upgraded the RAM in my computer

Attachments

• CyberTool34_RAM3.jpg
    CyberTool34_RAM3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 10
  • CyberTool34_RAM4.jpg
    CyberTool34_RAM4.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 8
  • CyberTool34_RAM5.jpg
    CyberTool34_RAM5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
  • CyberTool34_RAM8.jpg
    CyberTool34_RAM8.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
  • CyberTool34_RAM9.jpg
    CyberTool34_RAM9.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
Diaper changing! :barf: Aren't you all glad I'm not a mom :D

Opening the diaper sleeve was the highlight of that particular duty, let me tell ya. ;)

It's got to be done if I want a good, knife-loving daughter one day:

1336f5cf.jpg

I unwantedly used my Swisstool Spirit today to get a plier-shaped hematome on my butt when I threw myself on the couch whithout noticing it lying there...

Used the blister pack opener on my Wingman to open my streamlight nano. That blister pack opener is so handy!

Spent the weekend helping my girlfriend move. I had several knives available, but my 91mm Tinker did all the work I needed. I cut tape, flattened a ton of boxes, installed a new door knob, tightened and removed other screws, used it to open a computer case, and a bunch of other stuff. Even trimmed my nails with it and (after washing the blade well) used it for food prep.

Opened up the clamshell packaging with my Leatherman Wingman. That tool works way better than a knife!
2012-04-23_14-24-18_527.jpg

Used the ruler on the side of my SwissTool RS to measure the scales of a recently arrived Camillus jack knife for possible replacement.

Not very multi-toolish, I guess, but the Victorinox was handy -- closer than a tape measure or caliper.

CamillusRS.jpg

Back