What did you use your sak for today?

I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread like this so I guess I'll start one...

Used my silver Alox pioneer to open and break down a couple of boxes.

The large flat-tip screwdriver is used quite often - especially for prying staples. I used the saw a couple days ago to cut a tiny branch off a tree in the yard - it's a surprisingly efficient saw. (Pioneer or Farmer are the SAK I carry 99% of the time).

I use my can opener almost daily. I have a Recruit in the cupboard that's my primary can opener :D I used the scissors on my Pioneer X to trim a few dead leaves off a house plant and the blade to shred junk mail. I'm always using my SAKs for something!

Good thread idea . . . I bet there are some SAKs doing some pretty interesting work if the people only knew about this forum and had the time to tell us about it.

When ever I am in the work shop this pouch is on my belt. Used the precision pliers to dig a chunk of glass out of my road bike tire. Used the magnifying glass to read some fine print. (no edge stuff for now; I used my One Month Pledge Cold Steel Pendleton 3V for all that). (not that the SAK blades aren't super useful)

I use my electrician always but mainly the screwdriver to pry up my snus lids.

17be21ff15733885107ba72563d76e80.jpg

Changed the battery on the chunky Roomba from my mother, Wenger + Spirit made it easy

CAM04883_zpszcb5zqu7.jpg

she uses that robot daily and it stopped working last week, so fixing it up was kinda urgent for her

CAM04887_zpsyjci32fg.jpg

Used my classic to unscrew a battery cover on my sons music box to replace the batteries, and cut some duct tape.

Took my Camo Classic to the pumpkin patch today, the wife got a sliver so the tweezers took care of that, and used the scissors to cut off our wristbands.

With my OH Trekker, took apart a tub drain to clean out a blockage. It also was used to do a bit of reaming, not the most appropriate tool for the job, but I was too lazy to fetch my proper tools and had it on me. It did the job, however, which was the important thing.

Sliced open a beef jerky package, popped opened a beer, tightened a screw on my exercise bike. Basically I don't think a day goes where my SAK stays in my pocket.

Not a germophobe but nothing appealing about working on or around a toilet seat. Used my 2015 Blue Pioneer flat blade to pop up the little plastic covers to reveal the plastic nylon bolts to tighten the toilet seat to the stool.

No direct human contact with stool or seat thanks to my SAK;):thumbup:

Used the small SD tip on my classic to replace the batteries in my blood pressure monitor.

Used the knife blade of my tinker to open a package.

I used my Cadet to slice and eat an apple. I used the screw driver on my SD Classic to tighten a screw on the door screen.

~Most everyday I use my SAK Climber (small blade) to open those pesky bills at the mailbox. That'll happen again in a couple of hours.
~The small screwdriver at the end of the can opener is handy for whatever I find loose....just tightened the small Phillips screw on my patio screen door latch.
~Often I might also smooth out a jagged fingernail, or remove a hangnail, with the scissors. If I don't happen to have my Climber with me when that happens, I'm bummed big time.
~Not at every meal, but when there is a more "stringy" meat, the toothpick goes to work.

It's the most handy knife! :thumbup: Can't imagine the scrambling I would have had to do over many years to get a simple job done without my Climber in my pocket!

I wonder what I'll do, and need, my SAK for yet today?:)

Anybody strange like me that prefers to close their knife blades by holding it until closed, or does everybody here let them snap into place under spring tension?.

large blade for food prep & slice a hogie roll to make a sub. SAK Huntsman, if it matters.

Back