What do y’all use for knife templates?

I’ve used cheap, thin G10 and some thin sheet metal. When I’ve made paper ones on the computer, I print them out and use a glue stick to stick them to either my pattern material or steel, or Ti, etc. the glue helps keep it on so I can cut it out and I can always print more if needed. When putting them on the G-10, it allows me to grind more off, leave a little more on when feeling it in hand.

Jeremy

I cannibalized a huge stainless BBQ. It’s 304 stainless and approx .060” thick. Used for folder templates. Using for liners for practice as well.

Ats-34 for folder blades and springs, Plexiglas, or lexan for straight blades whatever is handy.
Ken.

We recently ripped out and replaced the flooring in our sunroom and so now I've got an endless supply of thin plywood for templates.

I used to use anything that was hard and flat. I even used an old license plate once. Now days I just draw everything in Fusion and use my CNC router with a diamond tipped drag bit to scribe the patterns onto my stock. It works perfectly, and it also allows me to spot drill my pin and pivot holes.

Back