What do you guys think of brous blades?

Not sure if I commented earlier but I will say there are some nice looking options in the Brous catalog but mostly they do have a more "tacticool" feel honestly the blade that has interested me the most was the friction folder done for BattlBox but a little too expensive for what it is in my book.

Not sure if I commented earlier but I will say there are some nice looking options in the Brous catalog but mostly they do have a more "tacticool" feel honestly the blade that has interested me the most was the friction folder done for BattlBox but a little too expensive for what it is in my book.
I find many Brous to be tacticool as well. I love that Battlbox fricky and it’s a better price now too! Too bad they won’t accept PayPal.

They take PayPal. That was how I paid for the last two I got on that sale on their website.

Anyone get the Echelon yet? I thought it was a little too "out there" for me at first, but I'm warming up to the design and I'm a sucker for large persian-style knives, anyway. I'll probably snag one if they ever go on sale. Just thought I'd ask how practical / useful the design is. Not a lot of reviews on YouTube yet.

I bought 2 of them on his Black Friday sales. At the $180 for ti and d2 it’s a good deal. At $420 at bhq it should come with a bottle of lube.

Never owned a Brous but the designs are just not my taste. I am into more conservative styling(some might say boring) in the aesthetics department. Too edgy and hip for my tastes. Can't think of the correct word. Just will say that some of the designs of Brous knives are 'unique.'

They take PayPal. That was how I paid for the last two I got on that sale on their website.

Anyone get the Echelon yet? I thought it was a little too "out there" for me at first, but I'm warming up to the design and I'm a sucker for large persian-style knives, anyway. I'll probably snag one if they ever go on sale. Just thought I'd ask how practical / useful the design is. Not a lot of reviews on YouTube yet.
Brous might take PayPal but a Battlbox doesn’t. I emailed and asked because some places will take it but don’t list it as an option. You can’t order the Mini Kami through Brous, only Battlbox.

OK. I have no idea what Battlbox is.

How about an opinion? I have a Tyrant I was thinking about getting modified. The little "nipple" where the tanto shape starts it's climb bugs me a bit. Just a little bit. I have a friend who's a machinist who I might have try this, though there are plenty on the Forum here who are more than capable. Might hurt it's resale value if I ever try to sell it, but in short, I'd like to just make the edge straight where the nipple is and also make a cut out where that top shape is.

Thoughts? Suggestions?tyrants edited.jpg

I got myself a Brous Caliber a year ago and it was the the baddest knife I ever bought. Couldn't believe it... You name it and this knife had it. Horizontal and vertical blade-play, lock stick, the blade hitting one pillar when closing causing chips, poor action and one stripped pivot screw right out of the box and maybe I forgot a few things. I sended it to Brous for service and that lasted for months.
I have to give them one thing: it's quite an achievement to put so many defects in one single knife.... I think that also explains the high price level of 400 bucks.:confused:
Finally got another Caliber back and it had two different pivot screws, T6 and T8. The T6 was worn out. They also put a wrong certificate in the box.
That was it. This company is a Joke! I traded this knife (mentioning the defects) and will never buy a Brous again.
Lost a lot of money and lesson learned. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
I have handled a few Brous Blades and the fit and finish is a total lottery. Some are great and some are downright bad. For the price they should all be perfect.

I have been interested in the new budget line. $70 for a Import Line Silent Soldier seems like it's worth the risk. Anyone tried one?

I think they should be perfect as well for the price. I generally don't care for the designs. As a result, $400 for a Brous blade would be about the last way I would spend that much money. His blades are not even on my radar.

Reactions: Mo2
I plan on picking up at least two of the import line later this year.

The Division and the T4 in satin.

Back