What do you think of the new Busse Sword?

I have to say though, being government issue isn't the be-all and the end-all for what is useful in combat. There's plenty of great items out there that don't win government contracts. Lowest bidder, and all that. Although, if I had to go into combat, I'd want Dragon Skin and an AA-12 with plenty of ammo.

I have to say though, being government issue isn't the be-all and the end-all for what is useful in combat. There's plenty of great items out there that don't win government contracts. Lowest bidder, and all that. Although, if I had to go into combat, I'd want Dragon Skin and an AA-12 with plenty of ammo.

I'd want a concrete bunker in friendly territory and a comfy chair. :D

fact is there is a good sized army of mall ninjas who need such armament...and you have to sell something to feed the Humvee fleet.....so why not make everyone happy?

reading your post again, you said you weren't "detracting from our sword". I know that not everyone will like our work, so I am not offended, but I think you said that anything that was not INFI was junk. :eek: wow

Our goal was to make the most powerfull blade that could still be carried on the side of a pack. 10 years ago I was looking for just such a blade, and could not find it. (including busse) I still do not think that there is anything like it. I am not trying to sell you a sword, thats just why we made it.

HUH!? where did i say that?

I personlly LOVE 5160... i just had a kukri made for me in that steel by a forum member.

I think your sword is cool as heck, and i'd love to have one. When i DON'T think is that it's going to outperform a Busse Gladius in a destruction test.

By the way, the difference in thickness between your blade and the Busse Gladius is TINY 5 / 16 = 0.3125" and the gladius is .30... so very very close.

HUH!? where did i say that?

I personlly LOVE 5160... i just had a kukri made for me in that steel by a forum member.

I think your sword is cool as heck, and i'd love to have one. When i DON'T think is that it's going to outperform a Busse Gladius in a destruction test.

By the way, the difference in thickness between your blade and the Busse Gladius is TINY 5 / 16 = 0.3125" and the gladius is .30... so very very close.

The real question is what kind of destruction test? I'm willing to bet that the Busse would win in a test of seeing which sword (or sword-similar chopper) was more difficult to destroy, but I bet the Miller Bros. one would win in a test of how much stuff it could destroy. :p

Well, chris, I for one would LOVE seeing a video in which you use the Busse gladius you've got coming to destroy a bunch of things. Then the miller brothers can demonstrate their chops on similar targets. I gotta say, that could be a fun test. I might even grind out another short sword and see how well I can do in comparison (I'll lose, horribly, but it would be fun to see how close I could get).

LOL CS, while that might be the most fun i could have with my new toy, that thing is more an investment for me than a user. I think i might consider doing that with the AK47 that i have coming, as i plan to beat the heck out of that one, but the gladius is probably going to be a safe queen...

I'm keeping it until some INFI fanatic gets himself a Kel Tec RFB that i can trade it for.

The real question is what kind of destruction test? I'm willing to bet that the Busse would win in a test of seeing which sword (or sword-similar chopper) was more difficult to destroy, but I bet the Miller Bros. one would win in a test of how much stuff it could destroy. :p

I think i have to agree with you there. The MB blade looks to be quite an efficient destructive tool.

And that's my definition of high-performance. The materials only do so much. It's the design that brings those materials to life. :)

I firmly believe that a Busse katana, with the proper edge geometry, will out cut any other sword. And that's the bottom line.

Out cut "any other sword," in tameshigiri.

Since there's never been a busse sword with anything LIKE traditional katana geometry, i don't know that there's any evidence to support this, but i certainly won't say that it seems unlikely that it will at least MATCH any other materials.

Toughness is INFI's major strength, and i don't know that toughness has all that much effect on cutting ability.

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

All things being equal (dimensions, sharpness, cross section) the differences against mats are going to be negligible and will render down to edge retention after hundreds of mats.

Call out Daniel Watson of Angel Swords for a head to head. I am sure many would be most interested (and most amused).

What an infinite loop of discussion going on here.

Ya, so there :p:p:p:p:p:p Is not. Is too. Is not. Is too. Don't forget as many caps in posts as you can manage ;)

Cheers (really)

GC

Oh and Lycosa, really no offense but a question. Are you really posting more than sixty posts a day? Or, was it weekends just posting hundreds and hundreds. Believe me, I have not searched your activity here but am now also curious what section of Blade Forums is your favorite?

Cheers

GC

LOL... i can't even afford to be in a ROOM with Angel Sword.

They make some neat toys, but i don't wanna sell my car to buy one

i certainly agree with you though. "Cutting" is a lot more about geometry than it is about material.

the best katana on the planet won't compete with a good axe when chopping through bricks, but the best machete you can buy won't cut mats even close to as well as a mid range katana with traditional geometry

Apples and oranges. Grapes and Tomaters.... you know

Apples and oranges. Grapes and Tomaters.... you know

My point exactly.

Watson does host cutting contests, one need not buy an Angel. Angel props up their own superior steels and heat treatment, so it should be a pretty fair call of one apple to another.

http://www.angelsword.com/Resources/cutting_competition_results.php

Or more realistically in the vein of tameshigiri (I have cut a lot of stuff but never label it tameshigiri, even when cutting mats). Simply in the number of equally formed mats cut in a given time without stopping or touching up an edge.

Circus acts or reality, oranges and apples.

Throughout this thread it has been pressured that circus acts are a true measure of worth. My own perspective on Busse (related pages ago) has to do with the marketing and I just don't see that five pages of superiority due to circus acts adds up to squat, aside from personal preferences.

I'm really kind of done and just jumped back in after a couple of weeks reading the same thing, over, over, over, over, over and over and then some. Whoopty doopty f'n dooooooooo!!!!!!!! Busse rulz!!!!! Tew Kewl!!!

Enjoy though, not my market anyway and each to their own.

Cheers

GC

Back