What do you wish Leatherman would make ?

I hope that they would bring back mini-tool. I really like the idea of small multitool that folds up to more or less regular sized pliers setting.

I hope that they would bring back mini-tool. I really like the idea of small multitool that folds up to more or less regular sized pliers setting.

Saw one on here the other day and was just thinking that, I never got to try one.

In my opinion, you haven't missed much. The idea was better than the reality. Under hard use, the handles deformed too easily, and sometimes pinched.
I don't consider a multiplier a hard use item anyways so I probably wouldn't mind it much.
I don't baby my Leatherman fuse, but I sure don't use it as hard as a regular pair of pliers.

I too would love to see a custom option.

The updated Wave with the replaceable cutters was a great addition, but I think they made it 90%. If they would just replace the small eyeglass screwdriver with an ask, they would have perhaps the perfect tool. If they could offer an option to get that tool with either the straight and serrated blade, or an option with two straight blades, it would be even more perfect. In my opinion of course...

I want an option for spring-loaded pliers on the Leatherman Wave/Charge models. I also would love for Leatherman to either replace the eyeglasses screwdriver bit driver with an awl, or develop an awl that inserts into the large bit driver on a Wave/Charge.

I want an option for spring-loaded pliers on the Leatherman Wave/Charge models. I also would love for Leatherman to either replace the eyeglasses screwdriver bit driver with an awl, or develop an awl that inserts into the large bit driver on a Wave/Charge.
It's funny you bring this up. I just started looking at a Charge TTI because I feel more naked without my multitool than my knife and the upgraded blade steel would be nice.

However, I have never made friends with that dinky eyeglass bit. I have list it on my Surge several times, and I agree with you about the awl.

What I did was to take a spare bit and grind it down to a point for awl chores. I think it was one of the random square drivers.

I'd still like to see a premium blade steel on the heavy duty one hand tools like the Signal and the MUT.

It would be really cool if they could find a way to make one with a pair of slipjoint pliers that's not real bulky.

Standard pliers have a very limited capacity, and when a multitool is generally meant to be a passable jack of all trades you're severely limited in regards to their main function.
I know they make the crunch that has better capacity but you only get a few other tools with it.

This seems like it would be most easily accomplished with a slide out likr the leatherman OHT or a Gerber .

I can't compare to see what fits the widest plier jaws for the size, but it just kind of seems like a fold out tool doesn't use space as efficiently.

A remake of the PST II. IMO, it was their best. 5oz weight, good scissors, and a diamond file.

A remake of the PST II. IMO, it was their best. 5oz weight, good scissors, and a diamond file.

My dream for a PST III would be to shrink it a bit, use the Juice pliers head and get the weight down to the 4oz mark or less.

I really want a front pocket carry capable that is bigger than a Squirt but lighter and thinner than a Juice. The Juice length is about right.

Back