What does your screen name mean?

The wife was setting up our PC. She asked me for a screen name at least 9 letters long. I was looking at the bookcase and my pug was sitting under " The Book Of Five Rings".

Das Gespenst - "The film caused a scandal in Germany in the mid-eighties. The that-time Minister of the Interior Zimmermann, a conservative Roman-Catholic and a Bavarian like director Achternbusch, decided that such a blasphemous movie should not be supported and withdrew state funding which the production already had received. This created more publicity for the movie than, I guess, any other movie Achternbusch had made before. The film is actually quite funny. Jesus (played by the director) returns to present-day Bavaria, walks around Munich in a somewhat dazed manner and strikes up an affair with a nun, arguing that they are married anyway."

As found here ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085585/

alas mine isnt so interesting...
ivan = my middle name
kerley = my last
it's quite ironic that my last name is kerley and i havent a hair on my head:D (lots on my face though!)
sometimes life is unfair:)
cheers
ivan

Spinner1 comes from Spin Drift which is the spray blown from cresting waves during a gale. This spray, which "drifts" in the direction of the gale, is one of the characteristics of a wind speed of 8 Beaufort and higher at sea.

Someone started calling me Spinner and it stuck.

:)

Last edited:
Mines from the Fred Saberhagen books,The Lost Swords

SOULCUTTER (TYRANT'S BLADE)

Remarks: On being drawn from its scabbard, induces utter, incapacitating hopelessness and despair--beginning with the person who draws it, spreading slowly to those nearby, then farther. Under Soulcutter's influence no human activity seems worth the effort. Radius of operation enough to cover a fair-sized battlefield. Whole armies may be induced to throw down their weapons. This Sword will prevail over MINDSWORD when the two are brought into direct conflict.

Tyrantblade

http://www.berserker.com/info_swdprop.htm

in my haste years ago to think up a username for my desktop at work I used the initials for my department (police, similar to LAPD, but not.) and my code number/badge number for work. Hence I have used it as a goto username ever since.-----------------Meaning that when you tend to be very absentminded you have to create something that is easy to remember. Translation, idiot proof.

Mine is actually a christian metal band. I know many don't get that and some assume that I'm some sorta devil worshiper just from the name. It's obviously not traditional music and it's not my favorite style but some of it has a meaning to me and ya sometimes I must read the lyrics to know what they are saying. Oh and to help convince everyone that I'm not an evil satanist my lucky number has always been 13 so I added that.

Lol, this is my 13th post on this forum.

Last edited:
I suppose that mine means a woeful lack of imagination.:D

In reality, though, I suppose it means that I am not going to say anything here of a nature that would make me want to conceal my identity.

First initial, last name. I like .45s :) I supposed I should've gone with something shorter as my last name is a mouthfull. First name, last initial would've been a better call.

I trained for quite a few years at the Inosanto Academy. One of our instructors, Mark Denny of Dog Brothers Martial Arts, used to loosen the class up by having us dance to salsa music with weapons of our choice. No need to ask what I selected!

As a result of a problem with my e-mail account at my old business, I lost the "DancesWithKnives" name, under which I had well over a thousand posts. I then went to "DWK2".

DancesWithKnives

Nickname based on the pronunciation of my last name. Gaz was taken, so I just added another Z and added 98. 98 was my jersey number for football and baseball.

Well, I'm a Jonathan. One of my jobs is running a tavern, and nobody calls the bartender Jonathan. Mostly round town I'm Jonny. My last name is McCargar, and old Scottish name, which is where the mac comes from (no connection to apple computers, thanks:D), and the 44? I don't know. Vick's 44D cough syrup? .44 Magnum pistol round (one of my first handguns as a youngun:eek:), D-Day 6/6/44? The number just popped into my head that day, so I'm not sure.:)

Wunderbar means "Wonderful" in German. I use it to describe my favorite place on Earth...Germany.

I learned furniture making from a Scottish carpenter who claimed I did everything backwards. Hence CarpScot for carpenter Scottish. I was unaware of what "carp" often stood for on BF when I initially chose the name.:rolleyes:

My screen name "Aktoklat"= Ak (Alaska abbreviation) + Toklat (Straw colored interior Alaskan Grizzly bear) = Alaskan straw colored grizzly bear. One of favorite Alaskan big game animals.

Back