What floats your boat in 2021

Which new products are you most excited about?

For me:
Drop Point Voyager
Demko Hawk

Was Mini Recon 1, until I realized that they now have plastic handles.

Maybe Tilite Kris if the price was right.

Drop point Voyager is quite interesting. And the Mini Leatherneck caught my eye. It is too bad that the blade and grip are on the smallish end, for those with larger hands. If it ended up too small I could always mail them off to a few lady friends. I know two off the top who purse carry. Might be a good little purse knife for them. Or something fun to drop in my front pocket. Dunno, interesting in the dagger version though.

I like some of the knives in 3V steel but unless the prices drop substantially will not be purchasing them. But there is one new knife that really stands out and is quite affordable, the Drop Forged Bowie. I like it enough that I might even get more than one!

Everyone clamors for CS's big bowies in 3V. They do it and nothing but complaints about the price. The street price is always a lot lower. Try and find similar knives in 3V, 5/16 stock.

Everyone clamors for CS's big bowies in 3V. They do it and nothing but complaints about the price. The street price is always a lot lower. Try and find similar knives in 3V, 5/16 stock.
Warcraft Tanto, 7.5" blade, 13 oz and DLC coating with G-10 scales, $190 street price!

Drop point Voyager XL
Drop Forged Bowie ( as a Trail Master substitute) I assume it is in 52100 but did not see a steel mentioned on the web site.
Talwar depending on the eventual price at KC. Wonder why they didn't make it in Aus-10A ?

Talwar (perhaps both versions)
3V Trailmaster or 3V Recon Scout (note, i dont expect either will actually drop)
XL Voyager drop point
Lynn Thompson signature whatever it's called
AD15 lite

Without checking too closely it seems like they have really jacked their prices up. Compare, for example, the AK47 (140 at most retailers) to what they are asking at Cold Steel now. Moving along, I love the idea of a 3V Trailmaster, but it's a tough sell at over 400 with a sheath like that. Leather or Kydex, if Condor can manage that Cold Steel damn well should too. I shouldn't have to budget in a decent sheath with a knife that's more expensive than a Bark River.

Fair point, but they are listing these for close to five hundred with a crap sheath. That's a lot of money for any brand. And if I pay that kind of money I expect everything to be perfect and probably made here in America.

I will be honest here, to me these are worth a few hundred in 3V, tops. Others will certainly pay more, but I don't know that I will.

Fair point, but they are listing these for close to five hundred with a crap sheath. That's a lot of money for any brand. And if I pay that kind of money I expect everything to be perfect and probably made here in America.

I will be honest here, to me these are worth a few hundred in 3V, tops. Others will certainly pay more, but I don't know that I will.
Hell, I woild have been happy if the knives that were promised in A2 had been delivered. Actually, I still hope that somebody is working on that project behind the scenes. I would purchase at least one of each model. And while the 3V models are welcome, I have other fish to fry.

But until we know the street price i don't blame people for questioning.. we are talking custom knife prices for a mass produced knife. I don't profess to be a manufacturering expert but I bet the cost of 3v verses a2 vs o1 vs whatever is not a huge jump (enough to double the cost to the end user) in the overall price picture. I imagine the total cost is made up with almost everything but materials...

Anyway...its like anything, if you think its to much you won't buy it... I am still in for a Talwar or two! :)

But until we know the street price i don't blame people for questioning.. we are talking custom knife prices for a mass produced knife. I don't profess to be a manufacturering expert but I bet the cost of 3v verses a2 vs o1 vs whatever is not a huge jump (enough to double the cost to the end user) in the overall price picture. I imagine the total cost is made up with almost everything but materials...

Anyway...its like anything, if you think its to much you won't buy it... I am still in for a Talwar or two! :)

For perspective O1 Trailmasters retailed for about $150-160. San Mai adds another hundred to that maybe.

Drop point voyager is a good addition to the lineup but I feel people raved a bit too much about it. I mean both functionally and aesthetically how hugely it is different from the clip point?

I was hoping to get that HoldOut finally. Till I saw the price tag :(

Same thing on the Mini Recon1. Wanted it SO bad but FRN handle is a deal breaker.

Drop point voyager is a good addition to the lineup but I feel people raved a bit too much about it. I mean both functionally and aesthetically how hugely it is different from the clip point?

Not hugely different, but different enough. I've always preferred a drop point for field dressing whitetails and for aesthetics, so that tends to be my favorite blade style. I was able to get my favorite blade style in the Recon 1 and now I'm happy to hear I can get it in the Voyager. I do have a clip point Voyager L and a Vaquero XL, and I'll definitely buy a drop point.

Reactions: AF

According to LT, the higher cost is mostly from the grinding operations. 3V takes a toll on the equipment. Maybe takes more time to produce also.

Yeah, I get you. Close to 500 msrp, probably will be about 400 street price with MAP. If Bark River made them, they might be about 300-350. Somewhere along the line, 50 bucks disappeared. Maybe because it's made in Italy. At that price, why couldn't they make it here in USA? But as hermit dave said above, no one else is making such knives in 3V. They're great designs. I'll probably end up getting at least one.

Back