What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

I'm looking for a strong folder EDC. I'd prefer a 1095 blade over stainless, but this isn't critical. If any of you Beckerheads haven opinion on the best folding EDC, I'd love to hear about it. I wanna stick to American made knives, so I've been looking at Kershaw and Benchmade a little. Thanks in advance!

Best EDC? In my work environment (a VERY politically correct large city government office) about all I can get away with is a Case medium stockman. But even if I worked in a very politically INcorrect environment it would still make a great EDC knife.

while I like 1095 and other carbons for me it is imperative that a folder be stainless. speaking of which I just bought another buck, this one is super small and I just wanted a beater and for $20 I cant be more pleased... perfect centering, no play, deep clip, and just feels good..
IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

but it still starts to wear at my clothes already and I've just had it a couple days.. I guess I go in phases with knives and I'm about done with folders for a while I think, I need to start carrying a small fixed blade again....

I carry the Phat Bob and love it. It's neither of the things you're looking for (made from AUS-8A in Taiwan) but its a crazy solid folder for less than $50.

Kershaw Leek, Blur, and Cyclone all make EDC rounds with me for American made folders. I like them all, but for work (opening boxes, cutting cable, etc), I'd choose the Leek at the #1. After getting the Cryo, though, I'd say the ZT 055* or 056* knives would be fantastic and I'll grab one of them when I have the spare money.

I'm about to buy my new EDC... sprint run HTM Gun Hammer with maxx glide bearing system, stonewashed S90V blade, and evergreen anodized handle scales. I seriously can't wait. If it had a bolt action or AXIS lock, it would be pretty close to my grail knife.

I like my Small sebenza, sage 2, or benchmade mini grip. I do have a ZT 0350 on order though.

2012-05-25133017.jpg

Everyday since I got it. Never left the bedroom without it.

Moose

I usually go with one of those 2:

SAK: Victorinox 2008 soldiers knife
IMG_7634.JPG

Or

Leatherman SUrge Black:
surge-black-main2.jpg

EDIT: I know the leatherman is a multitool. But i use like a folder and its foldabvle so whatever...

I normally carry my Wave setup,

009-17.png

but when I don't, it's usually my Vic Camper,

048.png

or sometimes the Vic Farmer.

008.png

I usually go with one of those 2:

SAK: Victorinox 2008 soldiers knife
IMG_7634.JPG

Or

Leatherman SUrge Black:
surge-black-main2.jpg

EDIT: I know the leatherman is a multitool. But i use like a folder and its foldabvle so whatever...

Carlos, your not an Australian are you? Just asking cos of the Australian $1 coin in your pic.

To the OP, theres already a 4 page or so long thread about this here somewhere...I think it was called Beckerhead folder of choice? Might wanna look at that for more info and examples.

Carrying a knife in public is illegal in Australia...You can carry MTs if its in your line of work but if I cop finds you with a knife in your pocket in public they can charge you with intentionally and illegally concealing a weapon...I know a few people EDC blades here but I have never had to use a knife in an EDC situation and the whole under 18 things its just stupid to carry a knife. Personal protection or defence is NOT a valid option here either.

If I were legal though I'd probably take either my SAK 08 soldier or black leatherman wave...Wanting a RAT-1 and Ka-Bar mule but neither are particicularly high on my wish list as of yet.

Last edited:
Le Spyderco Persistence. I clearly need to be taking more pictures of my knives... If I only had a life.

Nope just some pics I found on the webs...

I live south but on Brazil...

Here the law is whatever you carry must be no longer than 10 CM (4 inches)....

If bigger you cant carry it by your body and must justify it with your job.

I like the Ka bar Mule, Phat Bob, Buck Vantage, and the Kershaw Skyline.

You guys are killing me with those ZT folders!

Jeremy

Back