What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

That's insane Dan. Try to EDC it for a week. There is a pocket clip...

LOL. Okay, I'm in on this.

Day 1: Took it with me to work. It took the place of my usual work knife, a Byrd Cara-Cara 2. When closed, this thing is like carrying around a canoe paddle in your pocket. It's huge. But it's not as heavy as it looks, and didn't pull my pants down or anything like that. Showed it to all my coworkers and my boss, who all proclaimed it to be the most badass pocketknife ever and then made Crocodile Dundee jokes about me for the rest of the day. I used the Espada for all the usual chores my Byrd does. It worked fine. The wave feature needs to be used sparingly, since it will likely tear your pocket to shreds sooner or later. But the blade flips out easily with a quick snap of the wrist, so no problem.

I second the leatherman wave, I have the pocket clip on mine and carry it everywhere I go that I legally (and sometimes illegally) can.

When I'm out and about I've been carrying the Spyderco Manix 2 that I got from ac700wildcat.
I reaaly like this knife.

DSC02836.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

DSC02837.jpg

Last edited:
If you want a tough folder this one is hard to beat. Tops/Buck CSART. I have the fixed and folding model and would recommend both or either.
IMG_1737-Edit.jpg

jwh

Buck Vantage Pro (large)

For $55 (ish) it's a steal.

S30V Blade, BOS heat treat, G 10 handles, Lifetime Warr.

Just like Beckers, a great value. Been my EDC for couple years now.

7317022804_421bd266ed_b.jpg

7317021518_cb4cff1b09_b.jpg

Buck Vantage Pro (large)

For $55 (ish) it's a steal.

S30V Blade, BOS heat treat, G 10 handles, Lifetime Warr.

Just like Beckers, a great value. Been my EDC for couple years now.

7317022804_421bd266ed_b.jpg

7317021518_cb4cff1b09_b.jpg

Great knife I carry the same one daily when Im off work.

Just picked up a Gerber Instant. Nice little knife. Still trying to get used to the assisted opening. Havent even cut anything with it yet.

lately i've been carrying the Becker folder

uhm what did he say?

yeah. just pulling your leg. no such thing :D :D :D :D :D

mostly i tend to carry the Hogue folder in green g-mascus (long model, non-serrated, drop-point). i was earger to be an early adopter, and fell over myself attempting to buy one (used of course), but nobody had one for sale with those specs (lots of metal handles, lots of tantos), so i took the plunge. lovely thing to have.

later i got a second one, in in black g-mascus, shorty. for those times you don't need a longer blade... good stuff.

now it appears they offer them as AUTOs. nice. might have to pick one of those up. legal in my state :)

sometimes i'll also have a phat bob handy. they have a comforting weight to them.

there's also this old style elephant toe knife i got from KaBar a while back. elegant, but i don't carry it a lot.

Well, in my dreams, I carry Becker BK 16ish frame-lock folder with a bearing system for smooth deployment... (hint hint)

... But when I'm awake It has been the two above blades and soon to be the bottom one(can't/won't carry it at work... I have SS Kobalt utility knife for that), which I just received yesterday. All three are awesome knives in their own right. :)

Gotta love the "poor man's" Hinderer. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My EDC for the past several years:

Benchmade 580 Barrage
BM-580-Benchmade-Barrage.jpg

I love the Benchmade, but I am tempted to pick up a ZT 0350TS from Kershawguy:

350ts.jpg

DerekH,

Whats the monster on top in the first picture? Its a beast! More info and photos if you have them available.

Thanks,

Chris

Back