What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

I have one too, and I know Clich does as well.

My red Vic Farmer is riding shotgun to my new BK-13 Remora today. These two are going to get along quite well.... Almost as well as the Farmer and the BK-11 do.

Did you see my post earlier on this page? I think it's official, the Vic Farmer is the official Beckerhead Folder :D

True

EskabarP99Farmer.jpg

I rarely carry a folder any more, but when I did it was often a Farmer. I still love all the alox saks.

No peer pressure for me. I'm happy with whatever one it was I bought a while back. It's got both kinds of screwdrivers, a blade, a file, and a pair of scissors. And it's small enough to fit on my keychain next to the knife sharpener. SAK's are great keychain knives. I prefer leatherman for the larger tool-kit-on-a-knife type thing though. Not sure which type of leatherman I've got. I just wish it were a Wave. Still need to find one of those for cheap...

And of course, I carry my Gun Hammer in M390, or, very occasionally, my BM Rift. At least until my forum Gun Hammer arrives. Mmm, stonewashed S90V...

Another Vantage carrier here - Avid with Sandvik and the Bos:

DSCF2287.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

Last edited:
So, I went out to get m'self a Vic Farmer today. No, I didn`t want to wait on shipping; I wanted one today. And I found one in a local shop... for only $120. Say what?!? :eek: No thank you, Bandit Merchant. :rolleyes:

For the same price, I scored myself some new Sanuk`s (awesome footwear--get some, Beckerheads! :thumbup:), an alox Vic Pioneer, and a little carbon #6 Opinel...

pioneerop01.jpg

-Timber #255

My Farmer has kicked my Rucksack out of late. Just freakin' love this thing.

2012-09-03102355.jpg

Moose

Trying out the Opinel no.7 today..mailman just delivered it !

1346959826516.jpg

Look at the Opinel emblem, tell me, it don't look like someone pulling a couple of fingers out of a butthole.

100_2936.jpg

Love the knives, though.

Moose

Look at the Opinel emblem, tell me, it don't look like someone pulling a couple of fingers out of a butthole.

100_2936.jpg

Love the knives, though.

Moose

Lmao ! Since my emblem is facing up..it may be a prostate exam :D So far, I am liking the feel of this knife

Last edited:
Since my emblem is facing up..it may be a prostate exam :D So far, I am liking the feel of this knife

Me too. Get it wet though. Let the prostate exam begin.

Seriously, get it wet. Then post up what happens. Or pm me. Its very enlightening.

Moose

For the moment I am carrying a an M-tech (let the flaming being) 4" folder and a Gerber Ti-coated paraframe I. Got them both for about $10 almost out of the box during camp... Both very brand new, the M-tech being the el-cheapo knife it is didn't come with a great tip, but it's sturdy enough, while the paraframe would be perfect if it was the same size as the M-tech, very sharp, very pointy, decent quality for the retail price.

Thinking of giving my little brother the paraframe because it's to small for my hand to open easily, but I think I'll make him work for it a little, I still need 2 of the multi-player map packs for Halo: Reach, oddly enough, the paraframe I from the bottom of the river is about the same price as 1600 MS points, which is just enough for the 2 map packs. :D

It's the VIC Alox Farmer? Damn - time to go shopping again.
I've been very happy with my M390 Para2, with or without a Becker on my hip.
I thought a Swayback Jack in CV might be a good complement to my 16 - I'll probably pick one of those up, too.

Me too. Get it wet though. Let the prostate exam begin.

Seriously, get it wet. Then post up what happens. Or pm me. Its very enlightening.

Moose

No thank you lol. I already know about carbon blades and water..but a friend who has a no.8 mentioned the handles swelling up after getting it wet and not being able to get the blade out ! Ya' can't beat it for the price tho

No thank you lol. I already know about carbon blades and water..but a friend who has a no.8 mentioned the handles swelling up after getting it wet and not being able to get the blade out ! Ya' can't beat it for the price tho

Yup, there in lies the ultimate flaw, when the handles get wet, you CANNOT get the blade out. Or in for that matter. Buddy of mine bought one for his trout fishing vest. LMAO, that was funny to watch.

Carbon steel + water = who cares, still works. My No. 8 has been through more than a few rivers. Sweat when its in my pocket caused it to corrode more.

Moose

Not a beckerhead yet, but I carry my re shaped ffg endura 4 during work, and swap between my military and para 2 out of work

Back