What GEC Are You Carrying Today?

dciyUjl.jpg

03NtxLV.jpg

8qJ8VkL.jpg

Been keeping this one on me or close by for a couple days now. It came to me with a gator snap and would hang up about a half ways open with a pull of about 20! :eek::confused:

This is the fifth 23 I have had the opportunity to handle, and it is the second one to come to me with an unusually strong, binding action, so I knew from prior experience what I was in store for...after repeated flushings and many applications of lube, I have finally flushed out the joints, and this one has smoothed out nicely, still a strong pull, with a rare hangup on opening, it is almost there...I have probably cycled the action more than 500 times to get this one to break in. I just love these 23 LL GEC's, they are beasts that are impressive to use. :)

9MW7aUa.jpg

Well this one took a lil' more work. After the above post the knife began binding again upon closing and opening. I flushed it out with WD40 and then opened it half way to the half stop, and set it on a can and flushed the well with TriFlow, I left it out in the shed for a couple days and would go out there two or three times a day and fill up the well with TriFlow and just let it sit there with the spring at maximum extension...much better now. I've also been using it a fidget object, opening and closing it probably thousands of times...

Back