What GEC Are You Carrying Today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by afishhunter, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Now that is a Knife my friend .

Harry

2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Released from it's knife roll bonds and free to join in the wild apple season that's in full swing on the prairie.
    [​IMG]

3. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Carried 2 GEC's today
    Northfield 33
    [​IMG]
    Northfield 14
    [​IMG]

Harry

4. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, John.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

6. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    That’s an interesting one, Will. I assume that’s bone, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any quite like that from GEC. I really like the way it looks, so please don’t take offense at my next statement ;)… it reminds me a bit of the imitation stag (Staglon?) you’d see on something like an Schrade Uncle Henry, only better. :D

Will Power likes this.
  7. Magizm7

Magizm7 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2017
    Indeed it is Harry, one of my favorites :)
    Those ones of yours aren't too shabby.

Old Engineer likes this.
  8. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
  9. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    @btb01 No offence at all Barrett:D Fact is some Staglon looks better than low grade Stag to my eye. This one is a bit of a rarity for GEC as it's called Bonestag;) they seldom seemed to go in for jigged bonestag there was a Brimstone Bone that was similar. This knife is an early type from 2008.

Regards, Will

btb01 and sitflyer like this.
  10. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you Gordon . Much appreciated my friend .

Harry

11. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
  12. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
  13. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    An oddity today. Oddity for me anyway as 2 spring Jack knives are not usually my thing-much prefer blade each end single-spring. However, if you carry the same knife or pattern everyday it can cause dulness not only of the blade but of the mind too....;)

From the first run of 56s and like this bone a lot. Catherine the Great 5 Kopecks.

[​IMG]

14. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    blade each end is my preference too Will, followed closely by single blades such as this little TC (#14)
    [​IMG]
    in black which I think is appropriate for the day (friday - 9/11) - God Bless America

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Super cool #56. :cool::thumbsup:

Will Power likes this.
  16. Jiki

Jiki Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Been carrying this one for over a week now, I don't think I'm ready to stop.
    [​IMG]

17. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
  18. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
  19. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    This is my most carried GEC, and it recently found it's way back into my pocket. This one has at least five years of every day carry, and several more in predominant rotation status...

[​IMG]

got away from carrying it for the past year or two...time these days seems distorted and unaccountable...

[​IMG]

but like an old friend, once reacquainted, the lost time slips away and it's as if nothing has transpired. If I seriously had to pick one knife out of the hundreds, this one would be the winner. I was once in discussion with a custom maker to re-create this knife in modern steel but keeping the proportions and all true to form, but alas that was never meant to be...

20. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Since I "fixed" the patina, my 852211 Harness Jack (Number 24 of 35) is back in my pocket. :)

It's ceased being a fingerprint and smudge magnet. :D

WIN_20200914_143437.JPG WIN_20200914_143458.JPG

(Refer to post 117341 of the 'What "Traditional Knife" are you totin' Today" thread for the other three knives that are part of my EDC this week.)