What GEC Are You Carrying Today?

A39io38.jpg

73 this week:thumbsup:
Now that is a Knife my friend .

Harry

Had this one out with me this afternoon when I went for a bike-ride. Started out OK but suddenly a violent hail storm, luckily I was near a filling station and took cover. Nice to watch the storm and fiddle about with a knife, found some coffee&doughnut in the station that had to be eaten too....;)

vKKkXds.jpg

That’s an interesting one, Will. I assume that’s bone, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any quite like that from GEC. I really like the way it looks, so please don’t take offense at my next statement ;)… it reminds me a bit of the imitation stag (Staglon?) you’d see on something like an Schrade Uncle Henry, only better. :D

btb01 btb01 No offence at all Barrett:D Fact is some Staglon looks better than low grade Stag to my eye. This one is a bit of a rarity for GEC as it's called Bonestag;) they seldom seemed to go in for jigged bonestag there was a Brimstone Bone that was similar. This knife is an early type from 2008.

Regards, Will

An oddity today. Oddity for me anyway as 2 spring Jack knives are not usually my thing-much prefer blade each end single-spring. However, if you carry the same knife or pattern everyday it can cause dulness not only of the blade but of the mind too....;)

From the first run of 56s and like this bone a lot. Catherine the Great 5 Kopecks.

aCY89gs.jpg

This is my most carried GEC, and it recently found it's way back into my pocket. This one has at least five years of every day carry, and several more in predominant rotation status...

ntSXcVd.jpg

got away from carrying it for the past year or two...time these days seems distorted and unaccountable...

kpeVjWo.jpg

but like an old friend, once reacquainted, the lost time slips away and it's as if nothing has transpired. If I seriously had to pick one knife out of the hundreds, this one would be the winner. I was once in discussion with a custom maker to re-create this knife in modern steel but keeping the proportions and all true to form, but alas that was never meant to be...

Back