What Has Been Happening At The Busse Knife Shop? . . . . .

Congrats on your abundant successes and all your new equipment.

Good news Boss! Does that mean the Custom Shop may be re-opening for business? 🙏 :)
Nice! Congrats on the shop upgrades!!
Does that mean the custom shop will be opening back up? Or new production models should be following soon?

With all that new stuff, can you make me a Short Butaniku or a Long Gladius at a nice price? If not, what's the point?

I too would like to see the Custom Shop reopened. That is the true point of having a Custom Shop, isn’t it. Producing Custom Knives directly for a “Customer” that isn’t purchased through some sort of Blind Buy. Which is actually the “Anti-Thesis” of the term Custom. Just saying. We all have been waiting quite some time to see the Custom Shop reopened. Also, I would love to see a return of the Gladius or Butaniku but would gladly welcome any full size Saber or Sword.
Surfsidemel

Holy crap that there are some serious machinery upgrades. I'm sure we'd all love to see 3D printed design prototypes here. Awesome tool for refining designs before committing to steel.

A 3D printed model and $XX.xx off would be one heck of a riddle prize.

We are usually very tight lipped about the inner workings of our shop but think sharing a little info might be kind of fun!

So, here's a quick recap of some of the exciting new things that have been happening at Busse Knife Group.

[ ] We have hired on a number of additional employees including a new VMC Commander to run that portion of the shop.

[ ] This week we take delivery on 2 brand spankin' new 2021 Hass VF4 SS machining centers with all of the bells and whistles!!!

[ ] We have total rebuilds on 12 of our existing FADAL VMCs!

[ ] We've added a new CNC programming office to the shop floor and invested in all new CAD/CAM software. We now have 4 different CAD/CAM software options to choose from.

[ ] We are setting up 16 new additional grinding stations with all new grinders!

[ ] 2 new Fibre Optic lasers are installed and running!

[ ] Advanced 3D printing technology for help in modeling prototypes.

[ ] Added 2 new deburring tumblers.

[ ] Added a huge, new Spinner Blaster for decarb removal.

[ ] Remodeled the employee break room and added two additional restrooms.

[ ] Just finished our new War Room for our design team to hunker down in!

[ ] We just added two really nice optical comparators ( A Nikon and a Mitutoyo) to our inspection lab!

[ ] Just added 3 more heat treat furnaces along with new tempering ovens for added throughput.

[ ] We have added some of the most advanced vacuum stabilizing equipment for natural handle materials to the Crab Shack.

[ ] Most importantly, we have restocked the bar and have added 2 more BBQ Grills for "Meat Coma" day that happens once a week!

We've been busy!!!!

All of these updates and additions are designed to enhance our production protocol.

Time to make some knives!!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Boy, Jerry, I knew you like to tease and confuse us with your riddles but that is one ridiculously long-winded way of saying that everything's proceeding as usual and the Christmas in July Grab Bags are on their way and will be offered in TWO WEEKS!!

Good news Boss! Does that mean the Custom Shop may be re-opening for business? 🙏 :)
This is the most important question of them all!! And I see Jerry skipped over it 😳
Well what do you say Jerry, you going to open her up or what , im on strike buying anything new until I can get my favorite cs hog badger in for some needed customization 🍻🍻🍻
Money is no issue! open the CS and start racking up the 🤑🤑🤑

I am very happy to hear that your business is re-investing capitol into the facilities and its production capabilities and am excited to see what the future holds.

Boy, Jerry, I knew you like to tease and confuse us with your riddles but that is one ridiculously long-winded way of saying that everything's proceeding as usual and the Christmas in July Grab Bags are on their way and will be offered in TWO WEEKS!!

You, my friend, are a Genius!!!

You were obviously a spy or code-breaker in your younger days.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Congrats on all the investment in the business you are all going to be very busy but as previous posters said the Custom shop reopening is my big wish.
Blind grabs aren't my thing.
Hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend. Enjoy

"Drink in moderation is one of the most ridiculous statements ever made. You must drink a little more than moderation"

Wise words from John B. Keane.

Last edited:
"Drink in moderation is one of the most ridiculous statements ever made. You must drink a little more than moderation"

Wise words from John B. Keane.

I'm not familiar with his work but the man was obviously a genius!!!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Sounds pretty impressive and all along I through it was just drunk dudes making knives in between shots of whisky?

With all this new tech the TNT should arrive in about 2 weeks !

Back