What is the classic Spyderco?

Classic Spyderco knives for me are the Delica and Endura. If you want to get specific on classics, try to locate one of the first models with the molded handles with integrated clips. I bought a serrated Delica soon after they were introduced, got it at a gun show booth along with the first model Sharpmaker. I promptly lost the Delica. At another gun show a few months later, I bought a fully serrated Endura. I managed to hold onto the Endura, carrying it daily for about 10 years. Many models have come along since then but I still favor the Delica and Endura as classic Spydercos.

I think of a Worker when I think Classic Spyderco, or their Police. I'm not sure of vendors up North so it's hard to gauge what the prices would be for you. Both models would sound like a perfect match to me, though. There's the new Worker in green G10 and a Police 4.

Yes, the Worker for sure. It is THE classic Spyderco. The latest G10 Sprint was very nice, but I feel like we need a new modern take on this classic design.

I'm thinking we need an FRN Worker LW Salt. The G10 models out of Seki are way too expensive. The G10 is also heavy for a knife that small. FRN would allow many Spyder newbies to experience this amazing blade design in an affordable, lightweight, rustproof package.

An FRN Worker LW Salt in H1 would really be the ultimate modern upgrade to the original classic design. TiCN coated PE and SE H1 blades tucked into some black Bidirectional FRN scales would be amazing. Add Torx screw construction and a deep carry wire clip (skip the lanyard hole or make its placement secondary to the deep carry clip placement) to really bring this design up to match what most people want to see these days.

The worker blade shape is a very functional and useful shape that I really love, but I just didnt like the weight of the G10 in a package that small. I would EDC a Worker Salt for sure though.

SS POLICE, full serrated.
I opted for the utility of the plain edge but the full serrated version was most classic.
The first time I saw that knife I thought,
“That is just sick as ****! Where can I get one?”

Reading Combat Handgun magazine in the late 80’s and early 90’s, I remember lots of ads and talk of the Police and Endura/Delica
Yep been carrying a dlc coated fully serrated police model since the 80's. I'd like to get another spyderco maybe a para2 or native or manix but with metal handles...maybe all ti would work. I'm just not too crazy about non metal handles.

Back in the mid 90s I purchased 4 delicas. One for me, one for each of my brothers and one for my dad for x Mas presents. Dad is the only one with his still. Mine went missing after an apartment break in my brothers lost theirs.

Delica , endura and police is what I remember from that time period.

Delica is the classic with the larger Endure not far behind. Then in the 90's a lot of movies used the SS Police Model.

IMO the new classic is the Para 2

Hi Cbrstar,

The film was "Cliffhanger" and the model was the Endura. I would suggest that you purchase an Endura or Delica (smaller) with an FRN (plastic) handle. Not fair to judge Spyderco's handle, serrations or steel because you had some other brands version. There are very few companies out there that can come close to Spyderco's product.

sal
Years ago, I bought a necklace with a tiny titanium Military on it from Spyderco’s Ironstone store. In my mind at least, the Military is Spyderco’s icon.
The Military feels so good in hand and the larger hole makes it quick and easy to open.
But my favorite Spyderco is the original full size G10 Terzuola. After 30 years and hundreds of knives it’s the one i carry every day.

Just an update.

After all the wanting a classic Spyderco, I ended up buying a Paramilitary 2 lol. I found a local dealer called House of Knives and unfortunately they did not have the Police but they had all the other models. I found the Delica a little small for my needs and I was about to pull the trigger on the Endura, when I decided to try the Para 2, and Manix 2...Well it just felt right. The Para2 just fit my hand perfectly. And the best thing was the store priced matched off the internet so I got it at almost the same price as a Manix 2!

Im still looking at getting a Police, but for now my Para2 is going to be my newest best friend and go where ever I go for the next few years

Back