What is the next best thing that your knife have on it that make it perfect for you?

corkscrew, bottle opener, a hex bolt opener, a file, a saw back, mini hidden compartment etc.
Whats it, that make it perfect.

I (like most guys I know) really like flashlights. I found a nice SOG folding lockback knife with a pretty powerful LED light on it. It is one of the knives that I take when I travel (by car).

Other than a pocket clip, I do not needs gadgets or gizmos on my knife as I almost always have a multi-tool and/or a SAK on me as well.

So, a good blade shape, decent edge holding along with relative ease of sharpening, good ergonomics, a well thought out and well executed clip, good ergonomics, a reasonable price and a rock-solid warranty from a good company that will be around and honor it.

All my XM-18s have deep carry pocket clips. For me a deep carry pocket clip is insurance that my knife is more likely to stay in the pocket till needed.

Once I discovered loom fixers I realized I had found the perfect pocket knife. I’ve carried one ever since. I hadn’t carried a pocket knife in 30 years. Always belt knives. There is so much utility in that big sheep’s foot blade and the “little” pen blade is almost as big as the main blade on a SAK.

view

Last edited:
I (like most guys I know) really like flashlights. I found a nice SOG folding lockback knife with a pretty powerful LED light on it. It is one of the knives that I take when I travel (by car).
LOL! Lighter would be nice, I hope it don't hinder the strength of handle or use.
BY14_M.jpg

Last edited:
Other than a pocket clip, I do not needs gadgets or gizmos on my knife as I almost always have a multi-tool and/or a SAK on me as well.

So, a good blade shape, decent edge holding along with relative ease of sharpening, good ergonomics, a well thought out and well executed clip, good ergonomics, a reasonable price and a rock-solid warranty from a good company that will be around and honor it.

Could not have said it better myself.

I find that I like simple knives.
Give me a nice quality drop point folder with good ergonomics. One hand opening is always nice.

I love the sharpened edge to handle ratio of the Strider SMF. I regularly use super thick gloves that swallow up most knife handles. I don’t need a long blade, and the large amount of handle length makes things a lot easier to control and use

Bottle opener on my SAK though the small blade sees even more use but I could use the big blade for small blade tasks, I can't pry with the blade though, at least not safely.

Back