• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

What is with A.G. Russel?

AG does have the best warranty in the business - I've used it returning a SOG multitool. I've also bought as much as I can from the returns case any time I could visit the store.

AG keeps sending me catalogs far beyond what I deserve.

And he tolerates those of us with less than perfect memories of times before liner locks even existed, Gerber knives was the hot tactical maker, and about all you got from Japan were sales incentive samples - and they were nice.

If you haven't bought a One Hand opener, or new Sting, you are shortchanging yourself in knowing about knives. AG has done a lot for the industry long before most of the makers in his catalog sharpened their first blade.

As for the OP's concern about prices, I hope he got the "secret" catalog recently mailed. Act now, these deals don't last long.

I've bought a few knifes from AG Russell. Great catalogs and the website is great. If a knife is priced a little more its worth it just for the a catalogs. Thumbs up AG.

You have all been so kind. I would like to make a gift of a new product to each of you, including the OP. If you will send me your mailing address and true name of course, and your post number, I will mail 502 less duplicates and my own posts. Another original design, slipjoint lovers will really like it because it will allow them to open the hardest sprung slipjoint without breaking a thumbnail. This will take a few weeks, enough time for me to hear from all of you.

Please email your name, address, post number to me personally at agr@agr3.com

Last edited:
Sweet. Another outstanding move.

I was already going to buy more knives, Canadian Survival Knife in particular. Very lovely design that. It's for the catalogs, I swear :)

Bladite

A. G. Russell's slipjoint designs are just wonderful and timeless! This is very exiting! My email has been sent. :)

Mr. Russell,

Thank You so very kindly for a super nice offer!! :thumbup:

Anthony

Once again,A Big Thank You Mr. Russell!:):thumbup:

This reminds me,I have to renew my knife collectors club membership;)

I am embarrassed, please see my edited post above. I did not mean that I would send a $60-$70 knife. I meant a small gift of my new design, the Steel Thumbnail™, a designed and engineered tool for opening slipjoint knives. or soda cans, etc. small, key size, just right for your key ring.

Please forgive me for the mis-understanding even if business and the economy were great, we could not afford $25,000 or $30,000 in gifts even to friends like yourselves.

AG, you are a class act! My sincere compliments.
md

One of the few true gentalemen left ordered many things over the years till i got online and learned real quick always better to buisness with someone who cares and maybe pay a little more but from experiance its worth it thanks .

Even if you discovered you could not send anything that would not change my opinion; you are a gentleman of enormous integrity and have true compassion for the knife industry.
Folks like you are very few and very far in between!!

You have all been so kind. I would like to make a gift of a new product to each of you, including the OP. If you will send me your mailing address and true name of course, and your post number, I will mail 502 less duplicates and my own posts. Another original design, slipjoint lovers will really like it because it will allow them to open the hardest sprung slipjoint without breaking a thumbnail. This will take a few weeks, enough time for me to hear from all of you.

Please email your name, address, post number to me personally at agr@agr3.com

Excellent offer AG , but instead of a freebie , I think I will purchase something instead. Gotta make sure to support the good guys.

:thumbup:

Excellent offer AG , but instead of a freebie , I think I will purchase something instead. Gotta make sure to support the good guys.

:thumbup:

I have a few pages marked out of the latest catalog...the Canal Street half moon trapper is calling my name. Remember folks..if you like those catalogs, buy something from time to time so they keep coming.

I'm liking that new 'working man' series concept. The 1095 2-blade barlow w/yellow smooth bone in the catalog is tugging at me.

I feel the need to buy something...case has laid off a few folks so I'll go buy one at A.G's site now....great thread!

I am really disappointed only 14 of you have responded and given me your names and addresses so I could put you down as someone who speaks up for me or has brought me attention and who I can send one of our new steel thumbnail, knife openers as soon as they get in please send me your name address and your post number. to agr@agr3.com

thanks, A. G.

A.G., I'll swap you a "Round TUIT" for one. :D Hope you are enjoying it. I'll have some for ya at Blade.

Back