• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

What is with A.G. Russel?

Mr. Russell,

I have never bought anything from your site, but it was you who led me to discover the wonderful world of knives out here. I spent days perusing your site looking at this and that and checking things. I want to thank you for helping me discover my latest obsession.

-Tye Mathews

Mr. Russell,

I have never bought anything from your site, but it was you who led me to discover the wonderful world of knives out here. I spent days perusing your site looking at this and that and checking things. I want to thank you for helping me discover my latest obsession.
-Tye Mathews

I hope that this is your last obsession!

I ordered a leather belt pouch from AG's site a few weeks ago.

After I got my package and opened the invoice I saw that they reduced the shipping cost from what I was charged on the website.

Great company , great service.

And the knife pouch was beautiful too.

No wonder I've been a customer of AG's since the 1980's.

A short AG story for ya guys, there was a pass around involvin' an AG Russell Funny Folder, I'll leave the details of the pass around out but I do wanna add when the pass around was over the knife was given away and my daughter wound up with it, except it wasn't the original Titanium FF so with an email sent to AG not only did he send her a new titanium one free but let her keep the other one received by mistake.

His customer service has always been exemplary and AG himself has always been very accessible to the community, I have in the past had great pleasure in dealing with him and his company and will continue to do so in the future, I just wish I lived closer so I could visit more often.

This commercial was not paid for by the AG Russell mutual admiration society. :)

Hello again Mr. Russell,

I was amongst one of the select few who stood up for you here due to previous experience with you and your operation, and sent you my personal information as you requested.

If I may, could I request a current catalogue from which to order from? I find the Internet in general a lousy way to do business.

Thank You Sir and Many Thanks,

Anthony

Mr. Russell,

-Tye Mathews

Buy something from AG Russell, and you'll get addicted to that level of Customer SERVICE:D:thumbup:

Hello again Mr. Russell,

. . . If I may, could I request a current catalogue from which to order from? I find the Internet in general a lousy way to do business.

. . . Many Thanks,

Anthony

Hey there A. G.,

Thanks for the rapid reply email you sent to me today. I followed your direction and spoke with an extremely nice woman in your Customer Service department and shazzzzzzam quicker than you can say, "s-l-i-p-j-o-i-n-t" my catalogue is now en route to me..

Much obliged partner, I'll be looking forward to receiving it and ordering something for my Old Man for Fathers Day which is just only a hop, skip and a 5 week jump away. My Pa always did like getting him a gift from me via the A. G. Russell Cutlery Company. :thumbup: :D

Thanks Again,

Anthony

Dear AG,

Apologies if this has been asked in the past.

Would it be possible to fix The Cutting Edge site so that when browsing and selecting a knife for a closer look you can return to the previous page. The site only returns to page one so the "experience' becomes really cumbersome.

Dear AG,

Apologies if this has been asked in the past.

Would it be possible to fix The Cutting Edge site so that when browsing and selecting a knife for a closer look you can return to the previous page. The site only returns to page one so the "experience' becomes really cumbersome.

They tell me that when the site is rebuilt, it is scheduled, that that will be fixed.

Maybe it was easier than a re-build of the site. I just went back and tried browsing and it seems the back page is no longer returning to page "1"!! Much better experience now.

I like reviving dead things.

The ATAK on consignment is still up at http://www.cuttingedge.com/hidden/klsp85001_mad_dog_atak.

klsp85001_mad_dog_atak_ce_pop_up.jpg

I don't think that it is an ATAK. Many people note blade length as an indication. Also the blade profile does not seem to fit.

I did a quick search on the MDK website, and I noticed something. The blade length and profile seem to match very well with a blade called the "Bayou Hunter"

http://www.maddogknives.net/knives/bayouhunter.htm

redcanyon_bayouhunter.jpg

Just a thought.

I like reviving dead things.

The ATAK on consignment is still up at http://www.cuttingedge.com/hidden/klsp85001_mad_dog_atak.

klsp85001_mad_dog_atak_ce_pop_up.jpg

I don't think that it is an ATAK. Many people note blade length as an indication. Also the blade profile does not seem to fit.

I did a quick search on the MDK website, and I noticed something. The blade length and profile seem to match very well with a blade called the "Bayou Hunter"

http://www.maddogknives.net/knives/bayouhunter.htm

redcanyon_bayouhunter.jpg

Just a thought.

Sorry, you miss the point entirely. The knife was the first knife named ATAK and sold then later the maker names another knife the same name having forgotten the first knife. The maker when confronted with his mistake chooses to lie rather than admit that he might have made a mistake. Not much point in talking about any of it, he has exposed himself and that is the end of the story. Any attempts to confuse the issue only helps to protect the guilty.

Sorry, you miss the point entirely. The knife was the first knife named ATAK and sold then later the maker names another knife the same name having forgotten the first knife. The maker when confronted with his mistake chooses to lie rather than admit that he might have made a mistake. Not much point in talking about any of it, he has exposed himself and that is the end of the story. Any attempts to confuse the issue only helps to protect the guilty.

Actually, I just wanted to throw up a picture showing the similarities in the two blades. Just an indication that it seemed like it was MD work.

I also didn't really take notice that the post was not in a "public" view anymore on the site.

Will the storefront be open during your knife show this July?

And do you get a discount at the gate if you have an AG Russell branded knife in your possession? :D

My son is totally indifferent to my knife obsession, but I wanted to get him something nice from Blade this year.
He loves to cook and to grill out, I picked up the large Honcho folding chef's knife from the Russell booth, and he is estatic about it. Thanks!

Something I was thinking about the other day when placing an order with Russell's for Men. I'd like it if AGR could merge the shopping cart between sites so that it would be possible to order a knife from Ag Russell knives and, say, a flashlight from Russell's for Men all on one order. I have no doubt that this would be technically complex to do, and possibly complicate taxes and such, but it was something I was thinking earlier this week.

Back