What is your most special knife - A GAW

Thanks for the generous GAW, abbydaddy abbydaddy ; I always prefer the GAWs that help us learn a little more about each other, as this one did! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Although after much soul-searching, I decided that I don't agree with the premise that everyone must have a single MOST special knife. :rolleyes:)

Congrats to Neko2 Neko2 and waverave waverave on winning the fine knives so generously offered! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Although after much soul-searching, I decided that I don't agree with the premise that everyone must have a single MOST special knife.
And of course you are right Gary, at least among this group. May as well ask which of your children is your favorite. Still, it was fun to make an attempt. :D

Excellent job, congratulations to the winners and thanks for another GAW:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well Done yous guys.
Here it is anyway...
20181005_081525.jpg

With second in line to the throne.

Last edited:
Received my Lone Wolf today thanks again abbydaddy abbydaddy I am grateful. It feels great in the hand and I am really excited to own a little piece of knife history. I will put it to good use :)
View attachment 998945

Glad it got to you, and I hope it serves you well.

My awesome new Seahorse arrived yesterday and is already getting into the Halloween spirit.
View attachment 999756
Thank you again!

All false modesty aside, I think I take pretty good photos. I never managed to take as good of a photo of that knife. Seriously, that photo alone makes giving you the knife totally worth it. I really like that picture.

Glad it got to you, and I hope it serves you well.

All false modesty aside, I think I take pretty good photos. I never managed to take as good of a photo of that knife. Seriously, that photo alone makes giving you the knife totally worth it. I really like that picture.
Wow, thank you.
I never think any of my pictures turn out well, especially against many of the photos around here.
I think some of my excitement must have come through the lens :)

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm in for the Lone Wolf.
They are both great looking knives and the story of your special knife was amazing.

My most special knife is my GEC #76. Last year was my oldest son's first year away at college. During the Summer we planned a great family trip, going to Disneyland, driving along the coast, stopping at a tourist town called Solvang, and visiting Santa Cruz University for my younger son. It was a great vacation with the whole family being back together after being apart for a whole year. During our stay in Solvang my wife and boys went walking downtown. When they came back my boys were excited to tell me that they had found a good knife store and that they had Great Eastern knives there. They knew that GEC was my favorite knife brand. We walked back downtown and the boys helped me pick out the only GEC I have ever bought from a brick and mortar store. I got to handle several models I'd never had a chance to handle before and we all decided the #76 was the best of the bunch. Not only is it a fantastic knife, I feel the best two blade jack GEC makes, but it will always remind me of that great vacation and the time my boys were excited to be part of my knife obsession. I've bought and sold many knives since then but that #76 will always be my favorite and will never go anywhere but in the safe or in my pocket.

Thats a beauty.

Back