What kind of folder do you carry?

How are you liking the GB 2.0?
hmG16eo.jpg

Holy smokes! He managed to finally get a folder completed?!? :eek::p
:D This was actually from the first batch. Ordered in August 2013 and received in March 2015, and nothing paid up front.

Back in those days, it was actually possible to get a knife from Dan with a bit of patience. I still have a Monster Nessie and a WSS also bought directly from him.

Last edited:
Brummie,those days Dan was very aproachable AND had good communication!i had a Bushcraft folder too,but the detent was so weak i sold it to a guy in Belgium.but i still have a few of his knives (Bushmaster & Bushcraft) and regard knives these some of the best money can buy.

Brummie,those days Dan was very aproachable AND had good communication!i had a Bushcraft folder too,but the detent was so weak i sold it to a guy in Belgium.but i still have a few of his knives (Bushmaster & Bushcraft) and regard knives these some of the best money can buy.
I'd say that was the time when complaints were starting to be heard with some regularity, and it's gone down hill since.

The detente on my folder is on the weaker side, but it's nothing that bothers me. Easy to wrist flick, but unlikely to shake open unless you're really trying. Probably not safe to import to Canada. Given it was the first batch of folders he ever made, I think he did a good job.

In the early 2010s, he was one of the first people to make 3V blades and nicely contoured, bead-blasted micarta handles widely available. The industry has since caught up, but his knives are still good products.

Back