What kind of folder do you carry?

I’ve been carrying this one again

rKfEdvJ.jpg

What model is that? Koftgari? Ebony? Very nice! Those laminated ZDP blade really could do some work. I love the stainless Damascus and Damascus clad ZDP they used to do. Looks like they changed to VG10, seems like lunacy…..
View attachment 1647629
It was an AG Russell exclusive, 24k Koftgari on a blued steel frame with Desert Ironwood and white topaz...I wish they'd done damascus clad but I picked this up for a screaming deal so I wasn't gonna complain too much😂

It was an AG Russell exclusive, 24k Koftgari on a blued steel frame with Desert Ironwood and white topaz...I wish they'd done damascus clad but I picked this up for a screaming deal so I wasn't gonna complain too much😂
I feel like that’s the perfect mix. That set up is both very refined and still accessible/usable. Tack on a screaming deal and hell you made out exceptionally. I had to go all in for the Waterbury but the superconductor frame with MOP had me. I couldn’t walk away. I just wish the blade was bigger. I end up carrying my Stang back pocket with it so I have a good 3” of edge to work with.
9DC4BF55-99E6-4A0A-A778-953E1D797D29.jpeg

Jake, I used to own the Reese built sowbelly in the bottom of the group of sowbellies...and the "Back Pocket" from Tony.

Funny story. Tony called my home years ago to offer to make the knife on my behalf. (I didn't have an order in.) My wife said someone named "Tony Bose" is on the phone, do you want to talk to him? I told him, "See, don't get too big for your britches, not everyone knows who you are!". 😂

(This was before she met him several times in following years...may he R.I.P.)

The sowbellies are from Chamblin, Ruple (whittler), Ruple, & R. Bose

Scan-062.jpg

Tony-Bose-4-1-8-Back-Pocket-4-CPM-440-V-Stag.jpg

Tony-Bose-4-1-8-Back-Pocket-4-CPM-440-V-Stag.jpg

Sowbellies-Chamblin-Ruple-Whittler-Ruple.jpg

Back