What kind of folder do you carry?

Not for carrying but to just fondle and admire the exquisite milling details of this Zmei Gorynych (faux dragon scales):

1iMc173.jpg

Is that a Shiro collaboration? Pretty darn nice looking! Mike

I would be "there" too, if it weren't for the wisdom of my grandfather, who finally immigrated to the US from Canada in the 20s, many generations after my great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather settled in Canada in 1799, moving there from the US:

orig.jpg

which makes me a ninth generation North American but a second generation American. At age seven, my grandfather literally sat me down on his knee as he wrote down in my Sunday school bible, every name of each grandfather, starting with him, right down to my ancestor shown on the tombstone, buried in Pioneer cemetery near what used to be Berlin, Ontario, but wisely changed in name to Kitchener right before WWI.

His brother who stayed in America died in the Revolutionary War.

And if a certain current US President is re-elected, I may be the next Betzner to do as the first one did.

Last edited:
I would be "there" too, if it weren't for the wisdom of my grandfather, who finally immigrated to the US from Canada in the 20s, many generations after my great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather settled in Canada in 1799, moving there from the US:

orig.jpg

which makes me a ninth generation North American but a second generation American. At age seven, my grandfather literally sat me down on his knee as he wrote down in my Sunday school bible, every name of each grandfather, starting with him, right down to my ancestor shown on the tombstone, buried in Pioneer cemetery near what used to be Berlin, Ontario, but wisely changed in name to Kitchener right before WWI.

His brother who stayed in America died in the Revolutionary War.

And if a certain current US President is re-elected, I may be the next Betzner to do as the first one did.

What an informative head stone. So interesting. Ancestory.com before the digital age! Mike

Back