What kind of folder do you carry?

I tried to get Gertrude to roll over so I could take this shot on her tummy, but she wasn't havin' it, caused me to move the camera a bit, scuffed up my boots, bro....

WILLIAM HENRY T-10CF LANCET LINERLOCK - 1.3 OZ

002.JPG

Last edited:
I might just try and carry this Ken Onion Wrinkle I grabbed today. Always wanted a Wrinkle(no, don't!)

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg
Must resist...too easy...aaahhhh!;)

betzner betzner there is a supplier here on the custom exchange offering a new carbon fiber material that has that quilted look, and has claimed he is working with a couple custom makers to get his product into circulation. It looks amazing in photos, and I was wondering if yours was maybe one of the first in the wild. Guess not.

The effect on your knife is stunning, nonetheless.

betzner betzner there is a supplier here on the custom exchange offering a new carbon fiber material that has that quilted look, and has claimed he is working with a couple custom makers to get his product into circulation. It looks amazing in photos, and I was wondering if yours was maybe one of the first in the wild. Guess not.

The effect on your knife is stunning, nonetheless.
This stuff ;)
SmartSelect_20191030-163239_Gallery.gif

I got a sample from @John Blazy when he first started posting here, thanks again John:D

WValtakis WValtakis love that tritium. Actually didn't even know about it until your recent posts. You've got me thinking about where I could use it.

Played with an old zt today. One of my first attempts at acid wash, oil quenching, and titanium patina. Worked this folder over one day while bored between projects.

Very nice gentlemen.

I second the notion of an american made folder to rival the Shirogorov.

I've said time and time again, that a great place to start evaluating a design is against the Sebenza. It's a classic design that has stood the test of time. It's also a great value on the secondary market, in and around the $350 range. Lots of knife for that much money. It's not perfect but not a bad starting point. I think Nathan's tool focused direction at this time fits into that category well.

But as coiledwire said regarding the Shirogorov 95R, Wow. In my experience with over 30 knives from CRK, nothing CRK puts out can touch it. In fact, my 95R was the final nail in the coffin of my last remaining CRK in my EDC lineup.

I want to see a knife that competes with my 95R, and am happy to pay an equivalent cost.

For me, it's Shirogorov or nothing right now.
On 2019 you still think is Shirogorov or nothing?

Back