What kind of folder do you carry?

N5BeyMs.jpg

Lately, it has been all about the Spyderco Shaman. Either in CPM M4 or CPM Cruwear. :cool:

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

We'll see if the inbound Shirogorov Hati kicks the MILK out of my pocket, but until then...

screenshot_20191110-180421_photos-2-jpg.1230020

That's a LOT of H-3 in that flashlight! :eek: lol! :p Haven't messed around with Trit tubes for quite awhile, probably almost 10 years. Mine are all still glowing nicely though, but seem to be past their prime for sure. Got into them back in my CandlePower Forums days, back when you could first start ordering the tubes in bulk direct from Asia. Is that still a legal gray area?

Is that still a legal gray area?
As far as I know, yes...

screenshot_20191114-184902_gallery-3-jpg.1232365

Comparable for sure, couple things I like better on the MILK actually. On the Hati, the lockbar pushes right over to full lockup with light pressure whereas the MILK is rock solid. The pocketclip on the MILK handles thick hems way better, slipping on easily and not binding up before bottoming out. Action is glassy smooth on both, with the MILK being a little "crisper" on the break...but I've tuned the MILK so it's not really a fair comparison.

Yeah, and it's a fucking 99 dollar anchor, lol. But it's cool.............and enormous. For a cheap knife, the action works well. It's an AG Russell, I think they sell for like $125 on their site.
For an inexpensive beast that is cool, I have always liked my Hossom Retribution 1. With a handle that is 1" wide at its widest point and a weight of 10.2 oz., pocket carry is not really an option. But IMHO, it is a damn good looking knife and functional when used.

That said, the Lochsa will be in my pocket today. :)

_DSC2400.JPG

Yeah, and it's a fucking 99 dollar anchor, lol. But it's cool.............and enormous. For a cheap knife, the action works well. It's an AG Russell, I think they sell for like $125 on their site.
It is kinda neat how they stuffed that wide blade in that handle, there is some interesting stuff going on with the lockbar pivot pin;)

Nice Lake design tail lock too, Bob:D

Nice Lake design tail lock too, Bob:D

Lake had a few hundred of those made in China by Paul Chen, almost 20 years ago. Lake actually supervised their manufacture, all of which were handmade. Half were sold quickly, then Don Guild bought up the remaining number. Later, a very well-known collector I know in southern Cal. bought what remained. I was able to tap into 10 of his about 4 years back. I gave away most of them as gifts, sold a few and kept a couple. They truly are outstanding little pieces, all for nothing more than loose change........

Last edited:
Lake had a few hundred of those made in China by Paul Chen, almost 20 years ago. Lake actually supervised their manufacture, all of which were handmade. Half were sold quickly, then Don Guild bought up the remaining number. Later, a huge collector in southern Cal. bought what remained. I was able to tap into 10 of them about 4 years back. I gave away most of them, sold a few and kept a couple. They truly are outstanding little pieces, all for nothing more than loose change........
I've got some loose change, want to trade?:confused:

For an inexpensive beast that is cool, I have always liked my Hossom Retribution 1. With a handle that is 1" wide at its widest point and a weight of 10.2 oz., pocket carry is not really an option. But IMHO, it is a damn good looking knife and functional when used.

That said, the Lochsa will be in my pocket today. :)

View attachment 1233922
always wanted the full size ontario, but I got the mini one and I love it, even though it's not really a practical knife for what I'm usually up to

Back