What kind of folder do you carry?

Chip, that is a buttonlock flipper, believe it or not! I used the vendor's images because they are as perfect as the little folder. It's a small Chinese-made folder of superb quality, titanium/anodized. The only Chinese "custom" folder I ever enjoyed was the Ron Lake Design by Paul Chen. This and that one are of comparable quality. I survey and review lotsa custom knives and seldom buy from an online retailer, but in this case, it was my first purchase from Ft Henry Custom Knives. It was just brought back from the NYCKS. If you want more info, just search "cicada" on their site.

Chip, that is a buttonlock flipper, believe it or not! I used the vendor's images because they are as perfect as the little folder. It's a small Chinese-made folder of superb quality, titanium/anodized. The only Chinese "custom" folder I ever enjoyed was the Ron Lake Design by Paul Chen. This and that one are of comparable quality. I survey and review lotsa custom knives and seldom buy from an online retailer, but in this case, it was my first purchase from Ft Henry Custom Knives. It was just brought back from the NYCKS. If you want more info, just search "cicada" on their site.
That makes sense now, the styling looked familiar. The Damasteel Hummingbird from the same company that I got for my wife was a very impressive piece for the money, I imagine the Cicada is the same...let me know when you get bored with it;)

Ha! Yeah, the Humingbird, I saw that one. Yes, helluva thingy for the money and if I do get tired of it, I'll holler.

ps: Here is a vid of a Rike almost identical to the cicada with slightly different pattern and blade configuration, but shows the action very well..........

Last edited:
I know MILK goes down smooth...but damn;) Polished up the detent track along with some other tuning:cool:

SmartSelect_20191130-070055_Video%20Player.gif

Not my normal cup of tea, but I'm really digging this Peter Martin QSB. It's thinner behind the edge than I thought from the pics, and hollow ground...should make a fantastic user:D

Paired it with the Dunlap in case I actually need to slice something;)

screenshot_20191210-183644_photos-2-jpg.1247129

Not my normal cup of tea, but I'm really digging this Peter Martin QSB. It's thinner behind the edge than I thought from the pics, and hollow ground...should make a fantastic user:D

Paired it with the Dunlap in case I actually need to slice something;)

screenshot_20191210-183644_photos-2-jpg.1247129
nice!

Back