What kind of folder do you carry?

GYFM8PG.jpg

While trolling the GD earlier this AM, I came across this slip joint to which existence, I was completely oblivious of. I went ahead and pulled the proverbial trigger as my first 2020 knife purchase (therefore goes outta window the resolution to remaining frugal on knives!). More than this knife itself, I wanted to see and feel the the ingenious retracting clip system.

FWIW: I used to be infatuated with the CRK Impinda for a while but the lack of easy availability plus the price tag go of $450 retail if lucky to find one were both prohibitive to me. The LionSteel Thrill in Ti plus M390 may very well be a poorer man's substitute ($200 for Ti, $120 for aluminum scales - scales avail in multitude of colors) for a higher end slip joint such as the Impinda. I dunno, we shall see but that's my excuse! What's yours?

Stock pics till I get it in hand:

View attachment 1274905

View attachment 1274908

This looks similar to the ROK from lionsteel. It had the retractable clip. I was really interested in it but never pulled the trigger. Some reviews scared me off.

This looks similar to the ROK from lionsteel. It had the retractable clip. I was really interested in it but never pulled the trigger. Some reviews scared me off.

i received mine yesterday but haven’t had the time for doing some glamor shots. I’ll try to find the time mañana :)

Yes it is the same retractable clip system; basically as you hold the end bit of the Thrill between your forefinger and thumb, the thumb pushes in that button with the LionSteel logo which pushes the spring action clip forward and in the pocket she goes. It is a very clever system but you know, a button and a spring are involved so what could go wrong? ;)

I am glad that I went with the Ti version albeit quite a bit more expensive as opposed to the aluminum models, because I like a bit more heft in the palm of hand but YMMV.

^^^It's nice to see someone carrying and using a nice custom. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: All too often, they sit in display cases or safes.
For sure, they're one the belt every day!:thumbsup: Just broke down some boxes with the Wano;) Gotta get @Gary W. Graley to do a matching sheath for that one still...

Screenshot_20200211-082042_Gallery~2.jpg

Back