What kind of folder do you carry?

CPM CRUWEAR :thumbsup::)
aWwsRa6.jpg

Last edited:
So my buddy The Aflac Duck The Aflac Duck has been letting me check out this old Carson Tech Boiling...and it's blowing me away!

Screenshot_20200224-123813_Photos~2.jpg

There's tons of well made Chinese folders these days, but this thing is incredibly well thought out...especially for five years ago:eek:

The first thing I noticed is that the bearings are completely shielded...
Screenshot_20200224-123528_Photos.jpg

It turns out, those "shields" are extensions of the inboard bearing race:cool: This is the only bearing pivot knife I have ever seen that is actually running a complete bearing set on each side of the blade, every other knife has just a "flat" washer and balls riding on the "flat" blade. And the pivot screw is spiral grooved for lubrication retention! Needless to say, this thing is hands down the smoothest knife I have ever handled...I don't think he's getting it back;)

Screenshot_20200224-123200_Photos~2.jpg

You guys know I'm a sucker for a double action auto...Darrell Ralph sure built some awesome stuff back then (early 2000's I believe)...this Apogee D/A Illusion release I just got it is phenomenal. Even has a bushing pivot and a detent ramp...and the backspacer IS the spring:cool::D There's an action video over on my instagram, link in my signature.

screenshot_20200225-163642_photos-2-jpg.1291000

You guys know I'm a sucker for a double action auto...Darrell Ralph sure built some awesome stuff back then (early 2000's I believe)...this Apogee D/A Illusion release I just got it is phenomenal. Even has a bushing pivot and a detent ramp...and the backspacer IS the spring:cool::D There's an action video over on my instagram, link in my signature.

screenshot_20200225-163642_photos-2-jpg.1291000

Interesting knife! cool depolyment being manual and auto, how does the manual feel? like an assisted?

Interesting knife! cool depolyment being manual and auto, how does the manual feel? like an assisted?
Nope, the manual action (like most Double Action autos) is completely manual. If you don't know the secret it's just a regular knife;)

These are all hidden release automatics:D

IMG_20200225_221117_957.jpg

For the last several days I’ve put up my CRK’s and have been carrying a Benchmade Bailout, it’s the new version with the OD green aluminum handles and gray cerakoted M4 blade. I absolutely love this knife, even more than the standard Bugout that I’ve been using on and off for a very long time. Even though I like the knife as it came from BM I added a RSD titanium Backspacer to my Bailout and it is totally worth the money.
https://imgur.com/a/a28PpKr

I’d post some pics but I can’t figure it out. I tried emailing a screen shot to my self and shrinking the image but it still won’t show up.

Last edited:
For the last several days I’ve put up my CRK’s and have been carrying a Benchmade Bailout, it’s the new version with the OD green aluminum handles and gray cerakoted M4 blade. I absolutely love this knife, even more than the standard Bugout that I’ve been using on and off for a very long time. Even though I like the knife as it came from BM I added a RSD titanium Backspacer to my Bailout and it is totally worth the money.

I’d post some pics but I can’t figure it out. I tried emailing a screen shot to my self and shrinking the image but it still won’t show up.
Upload pics to imgur and then copy the post links for the pictures and paste in the picture link tool here, it’s the picture icon between the smiley face and the video link icon

Upload pics to imgur and then copy the post links for the pictures and paste in the picture link tool here, it’s the picture icon between the smiley face and the video link icon

This^^ make sure the file is under 1.8mb for upload, some days I can a 2mb in there but 1.8 or less will always upload.

I tend to that on the road or at work and post with imgur at home winch they can be any size and therefore better image quality.

I just paste the imgur link directly into my response and seems to work fine...is there a benefit doing it the other way?

If you have a picture in your post then no difference. If you’re just posting imgur links that people have to click to see the picture, that’s worse than using the embed thing.
7uhiFfx.jpg

The pics appear, so don't have to click links (but have seen that in other posts). Have seen the other way mentioned many times, so was curious if there was any difference.

Back