What knife should I buy?

6rZ8g8R_d.jpg

In all seriousness though, I would pick a Condor with Micarta scales over any plastic handle knife.

6rZ8g8R_d.jpg

In all seriousness though, I would pick a Condor with Micarta scales over any plastic handle knife.
Yes, but have you handled a Mora? Is not going to leave the hand even when wet, helps control the knife. Just my two cents.
You can afford both to try it out, then get rid of one if it does not do it for you.

Yes, but have you handled a Mora? Is not going to leave the hand even when wet, helps control the knife. Just my two cents.
You can afford both to try it out, then get rid of one if it does not do it for you.

I have not. But given the question I gave my two cents. I just like wood, micarta and even G10 over FRN, Kraton and the likes.

These condors ???
Reminds me of this...
I would be very cautious of the guardless effect ...
Garberg it is !

Mora. I see the Condor sliding in my hand & slicing off a finger while push cutting downwards.

They’re pretty different knives. Do you want to hack and slash your way through a rainforest, or do you want to use the knife to create some feather sticks or carve something? Mora’s are more of a woodworking blade to me. Of course you can still use for anything else really, but it’s primary job is woodworking most of the time. That Primative Bush knife looks like a beast of a Smachet. Much larger and more than likely heavier. If you want to chop through logs or use it like a machete, that’d be the one to pick. Moras don’t make good machetes, trust me I’ve tried, haha.

If you’re looking for something in between I suggest you check out the
Terävä Jääkäripuukko. It’s like a Mora on steroids. Two sizes to choose from as well as stainless and carbon steel. They also have a blade called the Skarma that is more in line with the Primitive Bush knife. Big and heavy chopper type.

we really should make a sticky thread for all new bf people -> before you post any thread along the lines of 'which knife should I get'... the default & baseline answer should be a mora companion, since all other value and use comparisons are pointless without this baseline. The fact they are under $20 means it will never be wasted or go unappreciated.

I have zero experience with the Condor Primitive Bush... However, I do own the Morakniv Garberg Carbon and it quickly beat out every fixed blade I own as my main carry when I am camping/hiking. It's a great knife that really starts to shine the longer you use it (the handle is deceptively comfortable with extended use in my hands).

I also MUCH prefer the C100 of the Carbon Garberg over the 420HC hardened at 50 - 55hrc on the Condor... And would also prefer 14C28N steel on the stainless Garberg over the 420HC on the Condor. I also really like that custom leather sheaths that hold ferro rods and whatnot can be had VERY cheaply for the Garberg in particular (the leather sheath it comes with isn't bad at all either).

Last edited:
Back