What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Let's see some pics. And did you try a FK to make them?
Here's an old pic i took with the Field Knife. It makes feathersticks quite well actually! (i'm aware the photo isn't of a featherstick..)

A4ajtJM.jpg

I'll have to get some pics of my Mora's and bring a camera out with me next time. I hate taking the camera cuz it's so bulky (DSL or whatever the heck it is), and if I bring my phone, I go on it. So it stays in the car. I'll bring it next time. Just for you ;)

I'm hoping the O1 is just for the prototype, the main selling point (for me anyway) on these knives is the delta 3v.
And of course the awesome designs;) The combination of good looks, excellent design, and the super duper 3v is the holy trinity of CPK.

If you put out an O1 knife, there would be a revolt....

But they would sell out.

Why a revolt? Don't some very popular makers such as FBF, LTWK, BH, et al use O1? I know that Nathan has an earth shattering name because of his HT tweaks, but was wondering why you think that was about O1?

I've looked briefly into locally available steel and I'll probably go with 1095/W2, although it doesn't look like it's available in pg. No big deal, I have a friend with access to a surface grinder who can dial in the thickness to whatever I decide to go with once the drawing's nailed down. I'm thinking on going a little on the thick side, I want this knife to have a little heft to it. Not heavy and clunky, and not feathery and floaty, but somewhere in between, like when you wake up in the morning under a tent kind of feel to it

my buddy makes some knives and might be willing to help me harden and temper this knife, and he has a little expertise in hamon so, the prototype might be a little jazzier than usual...

the prototypes that I make for CPK are never in the material they end up being produced in, which is good for all of you, because if that were the case your knives would be made from aluminum and fimo, or cardboard.

I'd like to see a dedicated slicer for the field-- as thin stock as practical...

Something ca. 4" blade with a full choil...

My Scrapmax is near perfection <emphasis on the "near," as in, close but not there-- yet>...I'd just like to see a CPK take on a wicked, dedicated SLICER!
BDRq7cm.jpg

the prototypes that I make for CPK are never in the material they end up being produced in, which is good for all of you, because if that were the case your knives would be made from aluminum and fimo, or cardboard.

In East Germany and probably the same in some other former Eastern blocks, they used to make cars out of compressed cardboard. Be proud of your prowess and let it show :D

Let's start the "name the FK2 hefty, not chunky knife" thread already. Who wants to do that again? C'mon! Who's with me!?

Not exactly enamored with the increase in thickness at the spine for the EDC2, so it is another vote for a slicer edition with a some meat at the tip.

Not exactly enamored with the increase in thickness at the spine for the EDC2, so it is another vote for a slicer edition with a some meat at the tip.

I'd have liked thinner myself, maybe .09" or something but keep in mind cutting geometry is the same so it won't be worse.

Back