What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

It will take a pony to persuade the Boss. A sturdy and well fed young pony!

P.S. Nathan may also get to walk along that pony once in a while :p

I believe fedex ships pony’s
:D:D:D

Truly want one for the sheer mystique of this blade. Plus I love that size range and feel it would be a super cool user.

It is a utility knife. I like the belly towards the tip on a Field Knife because I don't split the pelvis when processing game, I like a relatively narrow blade with the curvature near the tip to reach up in there to disconnect the "bits" from the surrounding tissue so I can tie them off from outside then pull them through without severing anything. It also does well edge out to unzip the hide along the legs without nicking meat (which is about all the skin I cut, I mostly just pull the rest off). That blade shape is also pretty well optimized for the way I use a blade in the shop for deburring. I think it's pretty ideal for a tradesmen to deburr pipe, pop nubs from the ends of saw cuts etc and it's pretty robust so the average knuckleheads (who pry) don't need to worry about breaking the tip off when trying to spread a joint open or even just popping staples out of the ends of their lumber.

We're going to do a Kephart next year with a finer point for folks who do more piercing and carving tasks.

You know when I first saw the orginal field knife I really liked it but my first thought was I bet it would be a great all around hunting knife ... and with a bit more belly it would probably fight to replace a couple I have used for years ...

I like you rarely split the pelvic bone unless it's warm and I need to try to cool it faster ... but that is splitting it after the field dressing is done.

I am really anticipating the FK2 ... I must be getting old there aren't alot of knives on my radar I truely want but this is at the top.

I'm sure others will catch my eye in time but I'm really watching for this and the DEK when they are released.

I’ve seen the Fk and a pick of the Fk2. Really looking forward to a Fk2 presale. What is the Dek?

You might check out this thread or search the DEK or DEK-1 ...

it's a blade Lorien has been developing in a similar size range as a FK ... but a different design ... and I believe he is looking at AEB-L for the blade ... so far it's looking to be another winner.

Also, that post Nathan made a couple pages back about the Kephart is the first I’m hearing of that. I’m excited to see it next year!

Sounds like DEK-1 to me. I am looking forward to that one myself for sure.

Sounds like DEK-1 to me. I am looking forward to that one myself for sure.
Whoops! Right. Have to check the thread for the specs on that one again. I thought the DEK was in the 4 - 4 1/4” range...
Also, it will be in AEB-L (nothing wrong with that, but I’d prefer D3V) and has elements of a fighter rather than a pure utility knife?
Awesome design to be sure and I will most likely grab one, but I’d still love one closer to what I described.
I could be alone in that... granted.

Last edited:
has elements of a fighter rather than a pure utility knife?

has the elements of a pure utility knife rather than a fighter- but incorporates defensive capability considerations that come in the form of balance, discreet carry, maneuverability/control, and a comfortable and secure grip

Back