What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

If it was only that easy. :D

That was a great score! Any update on it's scales yet?

No, not yet. You guys know that was my unicorn for a long time, and it was such a strange set of events that led to its being with me, that I sometimes wonder if I dreamed it up. But then I open up the safe to see if it's actually there, and there it is. All of that probably sounds pretty stupid, but for now it brings me joy just the way it is :)

Thank you for digging that out Matty, there's a much better picture in there.

View attachment 1090912
OK, now this picture shows a blade with enough belly to be called a "skinner". Thanks Nathan for clearing that up. That other blade picture just had me scratching my head about the "skinner" name.
But I always split the pelvis - it's just the way I was taught to do it...

Just get Nathan to send you a blank. Then you can have it fitted for any scales you like! ;)

mbKaRmT.jpg

UF has always been my grail since discovering CPK. And i am so glad there was a pre-order for them.

But in terms of something not yet created, a knife that sits somewhere between the edc and Fk2, would be a dream. Edc handle with a blade length of 4" or so would be basically the perfect knife for me.

UF has always been my grail since discovering CPK. And i am so glad there was a pre-order for them.

But in terms of something not yet created, a knife that sits somewhere between the edc and Fk2, would be a dream. Edc handle with a blade length of 4" or so would be basically the perfect knife for me.
Yeah. That's why I'm pretty intrigued by the DEK1. Sounds like a ~4" blade thats somewhere in concept between a UF and UFK.

Yeah. That's why I'm pretty intrigued by the DEK1. Sounds like a ~4" blade thats somewhere in concept between a UF and UFK.

Definately curious about the DEK ... I keep hoping to see a post pop up with more info and a sale pending.

And the CPK folder will have my attention waiting to see what comes from that.

Completely agree!
I hope we see it in production before the end of the year. I am interested to see what specs and dimensions are settled on after Nathan handles Loriens model.

If it is as I anticipate it to be, i'll be trying to buy at least two or three. And I never keep more than one type of knife. But this design has me most intrigued the most potential for what I look for in a fixed blade.

I've had to go back to the drawing board a few times on the shaping of the handle for DEK1, but I'm almost done and will have it and 3 other new models on their way to North Carolina for review and hopefully adoption in the coming weeks. Nate demands excellence, and I feel like the revised handle shaping for DEK1 will meet his standard. If not, I'll keep going til it does.

I've had to go back to the drawing board a few times on the shaping of the handle for DEK1, but I'm almost done and will have it and 3 other new models on their way to North Carolina for review and hopefully adoption in the coming weeks. Nate demands excellence, and I feel like the revised handle shaping for DEK1 will meet his standard. If not, I'll keep going til it does.
So, with all the weird laws up there now, how many of your own knife designs would you be unable to bring in?

Is one of those three other models the KOD piece? Man...I hope so!

No, it’s BAD.
it's not terrible yet. We can still get knives with bearings and flippers and such, but only from Canadian dealers. A dealer has to register to import 'restricted weapons' and label their shipments as such. We can't buy knives individually across the border anymore which fall under the recently expanded definition of gravity or flick assisted without the risk of confiscation

I checked out Warriors and Wonders today, who is a Boker dealer, and he stocks the entire range, (except the Roundhouse, which I inquired about).

I wonder about the reasoning (lack of logic?) behind some of the legislation, eg. the restrictions on Axis locks. Why?

OK, I understand someone getting their granny panties in a bunch over 'evil' switchblades and balisongs, or anything that opens faster or looks more intimidating than some scaredy cats can tolerate (understand, not condone), but what possible reason do they have for restrictions on locking mechanisms?

Back